Full-Time Senior Campaign Representative
Plans, convenes, coordinates, and implements the strategies and activities of the Beyond Coal campaign’s efforts to phase out coal and gas from the electric sector as part of a just and equitable transition towards a decarbonized economy in the PacifiCorp service territory, including parts of Utah, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Idaho, and California. Coordinates with relevant campaign staff and other stakeholders in these states. Develops and advocates for policies and programs that deliver timely significant greenhouse gas emissions reductions tied to Sierra Club’s overall goals to eliminate fossil fuels from the economy while contributing to a powerful climate justice movement.
Scope: The Senior Campaign Representative has program responsibility for the planning, coordination and implementation of the Beyond Coal campaign electric sector strategies and activities with particular attention to coal plant retirements, stopping new gas plant proposals, increasing clean energy, utility policy, and advancing a just transition from fossil fuels to clean energy. In consultation with volunteers, partners, and staff, the Senior Campaign Representative coordinates and guides the team of staff and volunteers in the assigned states/region, ensuring successful implementation of campaign strategies to achieve campaign outcomes, alignment with regional and national goals, and robust collaboration across teams, campaigns, and assigned Chapters. Produces educational materials and reports, does research, testifies, lobbies and serves as a technical resource. Manages day-to-day operation of the campaign. Represents the Sierra Club to government officials, the media and other organizations. Represents the Campaign in negotiations and settlements in the assigned area. Supports fundraising efforts when appropriate. Takes appropriate action to ensure that program goals and objectives are met.
- Within a collaborative framework and in consultation with key stakeholders, leads and facilitates the development of a strategic campaign plan, goals and objectives, for the Sierra Club’s efforts to equitably move the electricity and transportation sectors to 100% clean energy. Develops, executes, and manages a strategic campaign in collaboration with Sierra Club’s Environmental Law Program, Chapter, Communications Department, Organizing and On-line Organizing capacities, Sierra Club’s programs, and volunteer leadership to ensure the execution of a campaign to win measurable yearly progress in transitioning from fossil fuels to clean energy and equitably scale clean energy solutions.
- Engages with key strategic partners in frontline communities and within labor impacted by regional power generation and committed to a just and equitable transition to clean energy, elected and appointed decision makers, executives in the clean energy industry and other large industrial electricity users including manufacturing and technology companies to advance Sierra Club’s priorities.
- In collaboration with the team and external partners, develops campaign policy positions and advocates before local, regional, and state decision-makers. Cultivates productive relationships with key policy-makers and their staff.
- Supports and provides senior level professional expertise to staff and volunteers. Provides electric sector training and motivation to staff and volunteers. Works to develop and ensure that volunteers assume meaningful roles in the program/campaign.
- Works with Communications department staff on media outreach activities related to the campaign/program. Serves as Sierra Club spokesperson to media outlets and promotes volunteer and partner organization media exposure.
- Implements Sierra Club best practices regarding the Jemez Principles for Democratic Organizing, justice, equity, and inclusion. Works to ensure that volunteers assume meaningful roles in the program/campaign.
- Writes, edits, and reviews educational and advocacy materials.
- Provides analysis and support for campaign budget and quarterly forecasts.
- In cooperation with Advancement, participates in donor and foundation solicitation and cultivation, including meeting with funders and preparation of funder presentations, proposals, and reports.
- Represents the Sierra Club to the general public and to strategic allies.
- Builds, maintains and leads or participates in strategically aligned coalitions and coalition efforts.
- Introduces creative ideas and new approaches for team consideration.
- Handles miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned.
Heavier seasonal workloads may occur as a result of project deadlines and during peak activity periods. Frequent weekend and/or evening work may be required.
How to ApplyThis position is represented by a collective bargaining unit and is subject to the terms and conditions of the contract between Sierra Club and Progressive Workers Union. The Sierra Club offers competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan. This is a category 3 exempt position. Interested applicants submit resume and cover letter to https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=SIERRACLUB&cws=39&rid=1481
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405