Full-Time Senior Campaign Representative, Fossil-Free Finance
Come join the Sierra Club’s growing team working on our campaign to push Wall Street and the financial sector to align their policies and practices with a safe climate future and respect for human rights. In this role, you’ll help to pressure and engage with major investors by leading in the planning, coordination, and implementation of campaign strategies. You’ll be part of a dynamic team, working closely with staff across our organizing, digital strategies, communications, federal policy, and legal departments to help build a diverse and powerful movement across the country to stop financing for fossil fuel expansion, address the climate crisis, and make our financial system more sustainable. View the job description and apply here.
Job activities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates planning and implementation of the Fossil-Free Finance campaign. Develops a strategic campaign plan, goals, and objectives for the team, in partnership with Sierra Club capacities and coalition partners. Facilitates close coordination between Sierra Club staff capacities, volunteers, and partners to achieve the desired outcomes of the campaign.
- Develops and advances national strategies to strengthen financial institutions’ policies and performance on climate-related issues. Elevate the financial industry’s role in supporting fossil fuels and climate destruction, and push for public and private-sector policies that move financial institutions and the sector as a whole to take action in line with a safe climate and the protection of local communities.
- Develops and advances Sierra Club policy positions related to federal legislative and administrative proposals. Ensures the Sierra Club is regarded as a significant leader by the media, key decision makers and donors. Ensures that such policies are accurately advanced by volunteers and organizing, lobbying and legal staff in various decision making fora.
- Builds strong relationships with partner organizations at the local, national, and international level. Deepen Sierra Club’s work with partners with a focus on supporting the leadership of communities most impacted by climate and environmental risks, and building a diverse, broad-based movement to take on financial institutions’ role in the climate crisis.
- Coordinates media outreach external communications related to the campaign. In coordination with the Communications Department, serves as a Sierra Club’s Fossil-Free Finance campaign spokesperson to media outlets regarding relevant issues and promotes volunteer and frontline partner media exposure. Writes, edits, and reviews educational, advocacy and fundraising materials. Represents the Sierra Club to the general public and to strategic allies.
- Helps the Fossil-Free Finance Campaign and the broader Beyond Dirty Fuels Campaign embody a culture of justice, equity and inclusion by designing and implementing campaign plans and standard practices with these values at their core.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Proven track record in a comparable position which includes substantial experience planning and managing grassroots campaigns, including strategy, facilitation, grassroots organizing, lobbying, media, partnership development, working with volunteers, and work with political and business leaders.
- Strong knowledge of financial advocacy within the context of the climate and environmental movement. Strong knowledge of the fossil fuel industry, its impacts on water, air, climate and communities.
- Excellent demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated public speaking and media presentation ability.
- Strong personal organization and prioritization skills. Strong listening skills with the ability to help resolve conflict. Willingness to give and receive constructive feedback – and commitment to a culture of flexibility, learning and growth.
- Equity analysis and practice. You are aware of your group identities and how they have shaped your life and experiences at work. You have an analysis of how racism and other forms of oppression in society impact relationships, systems and culture. You bring experience and skills for working effectively with colleagues across group identities and position/role.
- Able to travel as needed; valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and proof of auto insurance required.
The strongest candidates will also demonstrate the following experience, skills and competencies:
- Experience working with coalitions and building relationships with partners, especially within the climate movement, is preferred.
- Comfort using a variety of in person and online/virtual tools for team-building and facilitation.
- Experience with managing a program budget.
- Substantial experience and demonstrated ability and effectiveness working with volunteers.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $73,295 for Region 1.
The Sierra Club offers a competitive salary package commensurate with skills and experience plus excellent benefits that include medical, dental, and vision coverage, and a retirement savings 401(k) plan.
This is a category 3 exempt, represented position.
Sierra Club is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Sierra Club employees are not eligible to participate in the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
Sierra Club values the expertise and talents of foreign nationals. Sierra Club sponsors both nonimmigrant and immigrant visas when certain criteria are met, based on immigration laws and organizational needs. Such sponsorship is at the discretion of the Department Head and Sierra Club Human Resources in consultation with the employee’s manager. The Sierra Club cannot guarantee the approval of a visa petition. The Sierra Club is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity
How to ApplyPlease click here to apply on our website.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405