Full-Time Senior Business Development Manager Environmental Markets (New York or Amsterdam)
Founded in 2018, SustainCERT offers simple, tech-driven solutions for verifying impacts in climate protection, supply chains, and investment products. We are the official certification body for Gold Standard for the Global Goals (GS4GG), the most credible and robust climate standard historically known for its work in carbon markets. SustainCERT mandate is to make the credible verification of impacts mainstream across our three core markets: environmental markets (carbon and renewable energy markets), corporate sustainability reporting, and sustainable finance. We do so by scaling adoption of GS4GG across these markets and by launching innovative impact verification solutions that respond to pressing market needs.
Reporting to the US Director of Business Development, the Senior Manager (based in New York or in Amsterdam) will have the main responsibility to grow the portfolio of environmental markets clients and projects. She/he will be responsible for the management of key accounts from the environmental market portfolio; and she/he will drive the growth of the portfolio through active engagement with potential clients and marketing.
The Senior Manager will identify opportunities for deepening the relationship with existing clients with a focus on land-use activities and on new certification solutions such as SDG labelling and renewable energy certificate labels. The Senior Manager will develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy with quantitative performance targets and product related recommendations (enhancements to existing products and new product offerings). The Senior Manager will oversee timely execution of environmental markets portfolio contracts and manage relevant internal systems processes such as invoicing, time tracking or customer relationship management software (CRM).
2. Primary responsibilities and tasks
- Develop a quantitative sales strategy to grow the environmental markets portfolio
- Provide insights on how to enhance existing products (voluntary and compliance carbon markets, renewable energy certificate label, SDG labelling) and new products opportunities
- Manage relationships with key accounts and new accounts
- Execution of services agreements, invoicing
- Anticipating future client needs (identification of upselling opportunities)
- Maintaining the in-house CRM
- Minimum 5 years of full-time work experience with prior experience in carbon markets (buy side or sell side), preferably with some carbon offset project development experience (particularly familiarity with Gold Standard rules and requirements) and/or GHG accounting experience
- Good understanding of corporate climate strategies including science-based targets, net-zero and carbon neutrality strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Service-oriented and a strong team player
- Excellent analytical and writing skills in English
- Expertise in PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel
- Experience with CRM systems and online content management systems
- Proven working experience regarding organisational and time-management skills, accurate attention to detail; ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Hands-on, autonomous, problem solver