Full-Time Senior Associate/Manager for Communications & Policy
Senior Associate/Manager for Communications & Policy
The Healthcare Anchor Network (HAN) is a growing national collaboration of 70+ leading healthcare systems building more inclusive and sustainable local economies that have adopted the “anchor mission.” HAN member systems realize that the anchor mission means leveraging their substantial economic resources through hiring, purchasing, and investing strategies to address legacies of community disinvestment, to benefit low-income communities and communities of color experiencing the greatest inequities, and to help build communities where all can be healthy and thrive. HAN exists to incubate and scale strategies that establish the anchor mission as a healthcare sector priority and to lead innovation in anchor mission implementation, both internally and in partnership with community.
About the Position
The Senior Associate or Manager for Communications & Policy at the Healthcare Anchor Network (HAN) will help conduct policy research, analysis, writing, and advocacy on social or structural determinants of health issues, particularly affordable housing and workforce development. The position also involves communications, helping to manage HAN’s communications strategies designed to educate and grow support for the anchor mission framework.
This is a remote, full-time position intended to start September 6, 2022 and includes a six month probationary period. This nonexempt, bargaining unit position, classification Program Associate III or Manager, will report to the Senior Director, Communications and Policy. The terms of this position are covered by a collective bargaining agreement with the Nonprofit Professional Employees Union (NPEU).
The Senior Associate or Manager for Communications & Policy will have the following principle duties and responsibilities, as well as other duties that may arise. All tasks below will be executed under the direction of the Senior Director, Communications and Policy, and sometimes in collaboration with other HAN project managers.
- assist with coordinating the HAN Aligning to Advance Policy initiative group and shaping the policy direction and strategies
- help organize the HAN annual Policy Day
- research, analyze, and write policy documents
- government relations work
- participate in shaping overall communications strategy
- support HAN public convening and conference planning including preparing electronic and other written communications
- provide communications support for HAN team including writing, content support, presentation materials, and social media coordination
- support maintenance and updates of various internal and external communications platforms
- graduate degree or 5+ years of post college work experience or relevant specialized skills/experience (7+ years for the manager position)
- proficient in policy advocacy and communications (writing press releases, op-eds, experience with media database software).
- proficient in project management
- be a skilled and accomplished writer, capable of quickly and effectively producing quality prose that conveys complex ideas in clear and engaging ways
- ability to communicate and work effectively and professionally with high profile stakeholder groups and individuals
We would be particularly excited by candidates who have:
- demonstrable familiarity with the social determinants of health, the healthcare field, and anchor institution practices
- experience with graphic design, content management, and social media management
- congressional or lobbying experience
This position requires travel and irregular hours at least three to four times per year for various convenings and events
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. Job includes a generous benefits package including health care, three weeks of paid vacation per year, and an employer contribution of 7% to a 403(b) retirement plan, with additional benefits governed by a collective bargaining agreement. The starting salary for a Senior Associate III is $61,619 and the maximum salary is $72,334. The starting salary for a Manager I is $72,335 and the maximum salary is $77,157. Compensation for either position includes annual salary increases. HAN offers a flexible work schedule with core hours from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm ET.
Send résumé/CV, a detailed cover letter regarding your interest in and desire to make a contribution to the mission and work of the Healthcare Anchor Network, a 3-4 page writing sample, in one PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org*. Include “Communications & Policy Senior Associate/Manager” in the subject line. Please note that given the volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. No emails or phone calls, please. We will contact all candidates who qualify for first-round interviews.
*You may shorten longer writing samples for this purpose
The Healthcare Anchor Network is committed to building a diverse workforce and recruits its staff with that in mind. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, religion, ancestry or national origin, Union activities, or any sensory, mental, or physical handicap or any other legally protected status.
Application Deadline: July 29th, 2022. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
Start Date: September 6, 2022
How to Apply
- To Apply: Send résumé/CV, a detailed cover letter regarding your interest in and desire to make a contribution to the mission and work of the Healthcare Anchor Network, a 3-4 page writing sample, in one PDF attachment to email@example.com*. Include “Communications & Policy Senior Associate/Manager” in the subject line. Please note that given the volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant. No emails or phone calls, please. We will contact all candidates who qualify for first-round interviews.
- *You may shorten longer writing samples for this purpose