Temporary Seasonal Park and Conservation Technician – Powisset Farm
The Parks and Conservation Technician (PCT) performs routine maintenance on these properties, caring for the fields, trails, gardens, structures, and other natural and cultural features. Day to day operations include mowing reservation entrances, cleaning facilities, trimming brush, maintaining walking trails, setting up for events, and engaging visitors. The position is based at Powisset Farm in Dover, MA with duties assigned at properties throughout the Charles River Valley including the towns of Dover, Medfield, Millis, Sherborn, Natick, Needham, Southborough, Uxbridge, Waltham, and Watertown.
In This Role You Will.
- Construct, maintain, and inspect parking areas, trails, and other visitor services.
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance of landscapes, including mowing fields and lawns, tree and shrub care, and brush and invasive plant removal.
- Maintain and clean buildings, bathrooms, structures, and farm infrastructure, which will include basic carpentry and painting tasks.
- Clean and perform routine maintenance and repairs to equipment and tools.
- Remove trash and litter from reservations.
- Work with and lead volunteers and other seasonal staff.
- Represent the Trustees in accordance with the messages developed and provided by the organization’s Education and Engagement department, while behaving in a professional manner with colleagues, property visitors, and volunteers.
- Wear a Trustees’ provided uniform at all times.
- Perform tasks safely and in accordance with The Trustees safety manual.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience with landscape maintenance, structural maintenance, and/or park maintenance is preferred.
- Experience working with and leading volunteers or staff is preferred
- Comfortable and competent using hand tools and operating landscaping equipment (e.g., mowers, brush saws, and leaf blowers).
- Capable of working independently and cooperatively with other staff, and have a good eye for detail.
- A valid driver’s license, as well as a satisfactory driving record as outlined in The Trustees’ driving policy.
- A satisfactory criminal background check (CORI).
- Occasional weekend work is required.
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds.
- Able to work in all weather conditions including heat and rain
This is a seasonal, non-exempt, hourly paid position at $12.75 per hour. Position starts in May and extends through August.
One long-term seasonal position is available from April through November, with hourly pay between $13.50 and $14.25 per hour, dependent on experience. These positions are based in Dover, Massachusetts.
About The Trustees
The Trustees is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the nation’s first conservation and preservation organization. Today, the places we care about are going fast, and the forces undermining them, including climate change, are moving faster. Our passion is to protect and share with everyone the irreplaceable natural and cultural treasures under our care. We are funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 60,000 member households.
The Trustees has been featured in the Top 100 Women-Led Organizations in Massachusetts for six consecutive years.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of its team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
The Trustees is a signer of the Boston Women’s Workforce Council and a Member of the Boston College Center for Work and Family.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.