Full-Time Seafood Policy Officer
We are looking for a Seafood Policy Officer who will be responsible for delivering seafood policy on behalf of WWF EU for the Fish Forward project. S/he will report to the Head of European Marine Policy and collaborate with the Fish Forward Project Team and the WWF EU Ocean Policy Team.
Location: WWF European Policy Office in Brussels
• S/he acts as the Brussels-based policy lead for WWF’s Fish Forward project, designing and leading the coordinated delivery of the EU-wide policy work on sustainable seafood, in close coordination with WWF Austria
• S/he plays a key role representing WWF on the Market Advisory Council and coordinates strategic WWF network engagement on seafood across the different ACs.
• S/he acts as Brussels-based liaison officer with the EU seafood associations, promoting positive dialogues and alignment, wherever possible, of policy and market advocacy priorities
• Provides best practice sustainable seafood sourcing and traceability expertise to the WWF European network, linking to WWF’s work on illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing work
What you need:
• Degree or advanced technical qualifications relevant to the field of fisheries management, seafood supply chain management, fisheries monitoring, control, and surveillance, and/or trade in fish products.
• At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in sustainable seafood sourcing practices, seafood supply chain management, seafood traceability, fisheries policy and/or fisheries management.
• Ability to interact with high level government and seafood industry professionals
• Knowledge of European institutions, lobby and advocacy experience
Required Skills and Competencies
• Ability to interpret and analyse scientific and technical documents and data and apply it to WWF’s work.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and an ability to communicate complicated messages authoritatively and clearly to different audiences including through written materials, one-to-one meetings and presentations. Other languages would be an advantage.
• Strong networking and team building skills appropriate for a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
• Proven ability to act as organizational spokesperson and interact effectively with government representatives; significant experience interacting with seafood and fishing industry.
• Experience of working on, and understanding the complexities of EU legislation
• Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: “Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging”
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position http://wwf.panda.org/jobs_wwf/?329093/Seafood-Policy-Officer