Full-Time Science and Solutions Associate
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore, is dedicated to leading a global movement demanding immediate action on the climate crisis by using cutting-edge communications and grassroots strategies to educate the public about the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis and to activate the public to support actions that address the climate crisis.
Digital communication is a core component of this effort. Every day, we share stories, messages, and actions that bring home the urgency of the crisis and inspire people everywhere to take action.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states:
CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA. Relocating to Washington, DC will be required when our Washington, DC office safely re-opens post-pandemic (exact timing TBD).
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States.
General Overview: The Science and Solutions Associate is responsible for assisting the team with a range of research and analytical tasks, reviewing outward-facing content, and providing support to programs and campaigns. The position entails research and content creation centered on climate change impacts and solutions, energy and climate policy, and other related issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Researching climate and energy-related issues, drafting memos and briefs;
- Tracking and analyzing relevant policy developments globally, including climate and energy commitments;
- Reviewing, vetting, editing, and developing support materials and communications for programs and campaigns. This might include writing the plain-language text for social media platforms or other external communications;
- Attending events such as seminars, webinars, hearings, briefings, symposia related to climate science, energy technologies, and climate and energy policy;
- Summarizing reports, briefings, and hearings;
- Assisting with the creation and editing of Keynote and PowerPoint presentations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 1 to 2 years of relevant experience. Focus or emphasis on climate science, policy analysis, or environmental economics strongly preferred;
- Excellent research skills;
- Experience or understanding of domestic and international climate policy;
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for accuracy;
- Strong written and oral skills;
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously;
- Experience with PowerPoint and Keynote a plus;
- Flexibility to accommodate irregular and sometimes long work hours.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 references with name, relationship, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this subject line: Science and solutions Associate. Also, let us know in your email with your submission the job site where you found our posting. PREFERRED START DATE: December 2021
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405