Full-Time Salesforce Administrator
The coming decade will be critical in determining the future environmental health of our region, our nation, and our planet. The Southern Environmental Law Center has a central leadership role to play, so we are accelerating efforts to identify and engage a growing circle of friends who can help sustain our powerful organization and further SELC’s protection mission. The skills and experience of our newly created Salesforce Administrator position will help us realize this vision.
The Salesforce Administrator will lead the ongoing development of our Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) deployment. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of improving processes and adoption using the Salesforce platform. She/he will be responsible for executing the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform.
This is a full-time position based in our Charlottesville, VA office and is supervised by our Director of Development, Operations. Due to the pandemic, SELC’s offices are currently closed and employees are primarily working from home, although vaccinated employees have the option to work in the office. We hope to open our offices in early 2022. When our offices re-open, employees will have the flexibility to work remotely two days per week.
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce NPSP environment with 25+ users
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce integrations with Classy, Mailchimp, Phone2Action, and iWave
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams
- Work independently with users to define and document development requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two years of experience as a Salesforce administrator; experience with NPSP preferred. Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity. Extensive experience training and supporting new and existing users.
- Familiarity with fundraising and grants management.
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude. You are self-driven and have excellent time management skills. You feel confident shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment. You have a documented history of meeting deadlines and successfully driving projects to completion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You can translate the back-end system functionality to front-end users so that it’s easily understandable.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills. You enjoy solving problems and tackling new challenges — and you know when it’s time to ask for help.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. You have a genuine interest in and commitment to helping SELC create and foster a more diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. You engage in ongoing personal learning and are eager to contribute to our organizational efforts to be a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
- Collegial, collaborative team player. You enjoy learning together with your teammates and helping others to succeed in their work as well. You bring a collaborative attitude to engaging with other team members and external stakeholders alike.
About SELC: The Southern Environmental Law Center is one of the nation’s most powerful defenders of the environment, rooted in the South. With a long track record, SELC takes on the toughest environmental challenges in court, in government, and in our communities to protect our region’s air, water, climate, wildlife, lands, and people. Nonprofit and nonpartisan, the organization has a staff of 170, including 90 attorneys, and is headquartered in Charlottesville, Va., with offices in Asheville, Atlanta, Birmingham, Chapel Hill, Charleston, Nashville, Richmond, and Washington, D.C.
SELC believes that a broad range of ideas, life experiences, and backgrounds enriches our workplace, drives innovative thinking, and attracts highly talented people who seek a work environment that values the unique contributions of individual team members. We are eager to welcome new team members who share this belief. We still have much progress to make, but our goal is to create and maintain a staff that, at every level, reflect the rich racial and cultural diversity of the communities where we work and the clients that we serve. SELC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to fostering a transparently inclusive workplace environment. We are looking for people to join us in this effort. Persons of all backgrounds—including people of color, women, people with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ candidates—are strongly encouraged to apply.
Compensation: SELC offers salaries competitive with other leading environmental non-profits nationally and provides an excellent benefits package. The starting salary range for this position is $60,000-$80,000, commensurate with experience. For more details about our benefits, please visit our Careers page.