Full-Time Salesforce Manager
Position Type: Full-time, time-limited (12 month) with potential for extension or permanent placement, non-exempt from overtime. Expected hours are 9-5 local time.
Position Description: The Salesforce Manager will be responsible for maintaining the back-end of USDN’s CRM, Salesforce, to ensure the platform is operating efficiently and stays as up-to-date as possible. This person will work with the Programs and Operations staff to build and support Salesforce integrations and enterprise level technical planning. This person will also support the organization’s key data and information streams, both for internal staff and external stakeholders, through analysis, synthesis, and reporting of data maintained in Salesforce and integrated systems.
This position will include the following responsibilities:
- Ensure optimal performance of Salesforce systems and products.
- Upgrade and configure Salesforce systems for optimized integration.
- Manage Salesforce integrations and deploy App Exchange packages to create connectivity with other critical business systems.
- Configure automated alerts and tasks, workflows, visual layout for standard forms, etc.
- Development of interfaces with 3rd party systems, APEX triggers, and classes
- Manage Salesforce roles, profiles, sharing rules, and groups.
- Perform database maintenance tasks, including diagnostic tests, duplicate entry cleansing, and other data clean-up needs
- Evaluate and install new Salesforce releases/package updates
- Prepare customized reports and dashboards
- Complete data updates/migrations in Salesforce and our website.
- Assist with end-user training/documentation as needed
- Participate in strategic technical planning and operational strategy discussion.
- Analyze data sets, Salesforce reports and dashboards, surveying platforms, and Excel/GoogleSheets. Proficiency in Excel-based processes including pivot tables, vLookups, index matching, and creation of charts and graphs is highly desired.
- Use presentation tools (Salesforce dashboards and reports, PowerPoint, Google Slides, etc.) to organize and share findings about USDN programs, activities, member communities, and the field.
– Salesforce Certified Administrator and/or working towards formal certification
– Demonstrable experience in the administration and maintenance of Salesforce systems, including integrating apps from the App store, middleware, and other pre-built platforms
– Demonstrated interest in two or more of the following is desirable: sustainability, local government, social equity, community organizing, or social network administration
– 1+ year of related experience required (may include internships)
Hard and Soft Skills:
– Organized, analytical, and highly motivated
– Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced virtual office environment
– A good team player (communicates with other team members through frequent electronic correspondence, video conferencing, and voice calls)
– Skilled in computer technologies and able to quickly adapt to new technologies, including Salesforce, CVENT, Microsoft Office, Google Drive, communication tools (Slack, Gmail), and work operating tools (Monday.com, Asana, Mural)
– Intermediate level skills using data tools and processes (including managing large data files, bulk editing and uploading of large data files, running pivot tables, using formulas including vLookups and IndexMatch).
– Excellent written and verbal communicator (listening and writing)
– Detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines
– Results-oriented and committed to learning and continuous improvement
– Mission-driven with a passion for fostering social, economic, and environmental change
Compensation: Expected range $25-40 per hour, commensurate with qualifications.
- Monthly tech/equipment stipend
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Fully paid employer-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Health and childcare FSA
Location: USDN has no central office, so the position is strictly work-from-home with weekly web meetings. Candidates must furnish their own quiet office space for many conference calls, computer, a strong Internet connection, and Microsoft Office suite.
About USDN: The Urban Sustainability Directors Network (USDN) is a peer-to-peer network of local government professionals from cities and counties across the United States and Canada dedicated to creating a healthier environment, economic prosperity, and increased social equity. USDN’s dynamic network enables sustainability directors and staff to share best practices and accelerate the application of good ideas both between North American cities, and between North America and the rest of the world. Visit our website to learn more: usdn.org/index.html#/
USDN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. USDN is committed to building a diverse staff while advancing equity and inclusion goals throughout the network. We encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, people with disabilities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.