Temporary Retail Associate, Snack Shack – Ipswich (seasonal, part time)
The Trustees is seeking part time seasonal Snack Shack employees for Crane Beach at The Crane Estate to prepare and sell food. Food service employees ensure that thousands of visitors each year have a safe and positive experience on the property by following food safety guidelines in the handling and preparation of food. Employees are also responsible for using a point of sale system for conducting transactions and excelling in customer service with each visitor interaction. Will perform general cleaning of the facilities.
In This Role You Will:
- Representing The Trustees in accordance with the messages developed and provided by the organization’s Engagement Department.
- Following food safety guidelines in the handling and preparation of all food and equipment.
- Using point of sale software to conduct visitor transactions.
- Explaining the benefits of Trustees membership and promoting special events.
- Effectively and professionally manage visitor complaints. Accurately report incidents according to Trustees policy.
- Reporting safety concerns, incidents, and maintenance needs to the Snack Shack Supervisor.
- Cleaning and inspecting work areas.
- Assist in the distribution and collection of survey data from Trustees’ visitors.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation
- Have a strong interest in customer and food service. Experience in these areas are preferred but not mandatory.
- Highly motivated with strong public speaking skills to promote the mission of The Trustees and be capable of working independently or cooperatively with other staff.
- Must be comfortable on their feet for extended periods of time and able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be comfortable working on a variety of tasks listed above and have a good eye for detail.
- Perform tasks safely and in accordance with The Trustees safety manual.
- Behave in a professional manner with their colleagues, property visitors and volunteers.
- Background check required.
- Flexibility to work holidays and weekends is required.
Ability to lift 40 pounds and be comfortable on feet for extended periods required.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a seasonal, non-exempt, hourly paid position, with an optimal start date of May 23, 2020. This position is based in Ipswich, MA.
About The Trustees
The Trustees is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the nation’s first conservation and preservation organization. Today, the places we care about are going fast, and the forces undermining them, including climate change, are moving faster. Our passion is to protect and share with everyone the irreplaceable natural and cultural treasures under our care. We are funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 60,000 member households.
The Trustees has been featured in the Top 100 Women-Led Organizations in Massachusetts for six consecutive years.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees aims to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of its team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
The Trustees is a signer of the Boston Women’s Workforce Council and a Member of the Boston College Center for Work and Family
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.