Full-Time Zero Waste Manager – East
World Centric is a highly mission driven company that seeks to have a meaningful impact on people and planet through our compostable products and the donation of 25% of profits to the most vulnerable in the world. If you decide that the role below could be a great fit for you, please be sure to include a cover letter detailing your interest in working for World Centric. For more information on working and life at World Centric, please visit our website.
The RRA- East will be a subject matter expert in composting, zero-waste, regulations, and end-of-life options for compostable materials. They will provide education and help to customers for the best end-of-life option scenarios and represent World Centric’s resource recovery efforts in key presentations and events on the East Coast.
Key Role Objectives
• Strategy – Work in collaboration with the Resource Recovery Manager, Regional Sales Managers, brokers, and distributors to provide customers with the best end-of-life options.
• Legislation advocacy/research – Oversee a database of city, county, state, federal, and international packaging regulations related to composting
• Represent World Centric interests through feedback letters and in-person attendance of public hearings
• Certifications – Understands product certifications (BPI, TUV, CMA, USDA BioPreferred, FSC) and can communicate the importance of them to stakeholders
• Participate in conferences, trade shows, industry groups, and other relevant events related to composting/waste diversion. Participate in panels and speaking engagements as a subject matter expert
• Represents World Centric at BPI, SPC, and other industry meetings, including committees
• Compost infrastructure – Oversee the maintenance/updating of our database of commercial composters and their systems for an accurate, comprehensive list of facilities processing and accepting compostables in North America
• Work with composters to facilitate acceptance of World Centric products for composting and including World Centric in any preferred compostable products lists
• Assess customer needs for front and back of the house communications to support proper disposal, separation, and awareness of compostables (e.g. signage, videos, educational collateral, etc.).
• Education Level: BS/BA degree with at least 3 years experience in composting/waste diversion/recycling
• Highly effective written and verbal communication skills, as proven with customers and in public presentations.
• Excellent teamwork skills with strong project management capabilities
• Strong research, organization, and presentation skills.
• Comfortable using Google Sheets, Excel, and MS Office platforms at intermediate level.
• Attention to detail and accuracy with a commitment to excellence
• Ability to multitask, take risks, propose change, and solve problems creatively
Nice to have but not essential:
• Experience in the foodservice and/or disposable tableware market
• Understanding of compostability ASTM standards and participation in standard committees to give input and direction of new standards
• Experience working in certification organizations (e.g TUV, NSF, SCS… )
This position is required to travel occasionally for conferences, events, and to composting facilities. Ideally candidate has their own car and we reimburse mileage for use of personal vehicle. Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is required.
World Centric welcomes applicants from all backgrounds and aims to find the people who not only meet the requirements of the job but also contribute to the culture in a way that recognizes our efforts towards the overall wellbeing of people and planet.