Full-Time Research Coordinator
SMART ENERGY CONSUMER COLLABORATIVE
Research Coordinator Position Description
Job Title: Research Coordinator
Reports To: President & CEO
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Job Requirements: Minimum of 5 years of energy and market research experience is required
Smart Energy Consumer Collaborative Mission
Smart Energy Consumer Collaborative is a 501c3 nonprofit organization with a mission to serve as a trusted source of information on consumer’s views of grid modernization, energy delivery and usage, and to help consumers understand the benefits of smart energy.
SECC fulfills this mission by:
- listening to consumers via primary consumer research
- collaborating with stakeholders via hosted events and shared best practices
- educating consumers via outreach and messaging toolkits
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to and in partnership with the President & CEO, the SECC Research Coordinator leads SECC efforts with respect to activities related to research. This position assists the research committee with their tasks; authors research or hires & manages research consultants; writes articles related to research; and works closely with staff, board members, volunteers, consultants, and coalition partners.
Research Planning and Coordination
- Assists the President with direction and content of SECC Research, leading to fulfillment of the SECC mission.
- Acts as the research point of contact internally and externally; focus on and deliver insights and implications from the research, and understand and evaluate the overall smart energy related research landscape – who is doing what, who might we partner with, and how that partnership might take shape.
- Assists the research committee with their duties, interacts with research consultants and SECC members, and helps ensure that research projects are successful, highly visible, and fill needed gaps in industry knowledge.
- Maintains awareness of the community, institutional, and national smart grid environment in order to identify and respond to developments related to the organizations’ mission.
- Write research reports, whitepapers, publication and other research projects. Revise and review drafts, especially in response to feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must be analytical, project management, big picture oriented. Should be able to identify and evaluate themes and trends.
- Excellent writing and communication skills – be good at visual story telling.
- Familiar with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- The Research Coordinator is a full-time position, operating in a standard working week.