Full-Time Regional Organizing Manager
The Climate Action Campaign is looking for a creative and flexible junior- to mid-level organizer (3-5 years of experience) to help manage multiple in-state federal issue advocacy programs -across a number of key states. With guidance from the National Organizing Directors, the Organizing Manager will:
- Organize the organizers – overseeing state-based coalition partners working to build support for federal climate action in key states through earned media, grasstop cultivation, meetings with federal lawmakers, and grassroots activation.
- Assist in developing state- and target-specific strategies, which includes drafting plans and concept memos, participating in regular planning calls/meetings, providing guidance to in-state partners, and tracking policymaker actions.
- Track partner grant deliverables and report on field activities to internal and external national coalition stakeholders. (Through written highlights, verbal reports, and monthly progress to goal reports, etc.)
- Provide administrative support to the CAC State Operations team and in-state partners, including processing reimbursement requests, database user trainings and support, performing quality control checks on partner reporting, preparing meeting materials, and taking notes as needed.
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign is a highly effective, unbranded coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as the center of gravity for the defense of federal climate policy and the convening point for traditional and non-environmental advocacy groups supporting climate action and clean energy policy at the local, state, and federal levels. The Regional Organizing Manager is a member of CAC’s State Operations team in the Campaign’s Organizing department.
Who You Are
A successful candidate for this position is a mission-driven, hardworking, but fun-loving “people person” and organizer who:
- Has three to five years of relevant experience in either issue advocacy, community organizing, volunteer management, political strategy, or electoral campaigns.
- Is flexible, adaptable, self-motivated, and can prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Is an excellent communicator and strong writer.
- Has database or CRM experience (e.g. QuickBase, VAN, Salesforce, etc.).
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment – and is above all, a team player – but can also work independently with minimal supervision.
- Creative approach to planning and problem solving.
- Strong time management and priority-setting skills.
- Has a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
Familiarity with environmental issues is a plus but not required.
How to Apply
If the above description sounds like you, please submit a resume and a short (less than a page) cover letter outlining why you are a good fit via the application portal here: https://climateactioncampaign.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0uhjk
The Fine Print
This is a fulltime position based in Washington, DC, though our teams are currently working from home due to COVID-19. Travel may be required 2-3 times per year to each field state once it is safe to do so.
The target salary range for this position is $50,000, depending on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Applyhttps://climateactioncampaign.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0uhjk
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405