Full-Time Regenerative Recovery Coalition Manager
The Alliance Center envisions a sustainable and equitable future in which all communities thrive, democracy is strong, the economy works for everyone and the planet is healthy. To realize this vision The Alliance Center demonstrates sustainability in action and mobilizes change agents to accelerate solutions. Visit www.thealliancecenter.org to learn more.
The Alliance Center addresses the climate crisis by leveraging three unique, powerful and intersecting assets to drive change:
- Our high-performance building and collaborative working and event space
- Our extensive cross-sector network
- Our focus on scalable solutions at the intersection of environment, economy and community
Overview of the Position:
The mission of the Regenerative Recovery Coalition is to ensure Colorado emerges from COVID toward a regenerative economy, not back to the old normal. A regenerative economy is a robust localized one that abundantly meets human needs while equitably providing clean air, water, food and energy. It is a recovery that will create shared prosperity on a healthy planet starting right here in Colorado.
The Coalition is based on the foundational principles of a regenerative recovery outlined in A Guide to a Regenerative Recovery. The Coalition has almost 300 members, with over 21,000 jobs and over $2.8 billion in economic power represented in Colorado. The Coalition is an assembly of change agents from various sectors around the state who are united around a common understanding that we cannot simply go back to what was considered normal going forward from the pandemic. It represents hundreds of citizens, experts, nonprofits, communities and businesses who will work together to prioritize equity and sustainability as Colorado recovers from the effects of COVID.
The Regenerative Recovery Coalition Manager is responsible for running the day-to-day operation of The Coalition. Working directly with the Executive Director the manager will implement the strategies to lead The Coalition.
The manager will facilitate The Coalition to drive action in three main ways:
- Working with the key influencers and decision makers in the state.
- Uplifting the voice and work of our members.
- Identifying gaps to a regenerative recovery and implementing projects to accelerate the transformation.
- Support the strategic vision and goals of The Coalition.
- Successfully facilitate The Coalition to achieve its goals and drive action as outlined above.
- Attend all working group meetings, represent the voice of The Coalition during these meetings and ensure the working groups are staying focused and effective.
- Support working group members and leaders as needed and collaborate with them to advance the priorities of each working group.
- Continually elevate funding ideas from The Coalition.
- Help to plan the quarterly all-Coalition gatherings.
- Conduct quarterly Coalition gap analysis and identify key recruiting priorities.
- Continually recruit influential members based on gap analysis.
- Monitor and post to the Slack workspace and channels to ensure they are active, accurate and effective.
- Work with Alliance staff to ensure Coalition data is up-to-date and accurate.
- Meet with Coalition members as needed to ensure alignment, engagement and satisfaction.
- Develop relationships with key corporate partners in The Coalition.
- Work with the communications team to create monthly newsletter content and other needed collateral.
- Support the Executive Director in implementing the key influencer strategy.
- Develop relationships with other coalitions to identify and implement collaboration opportunities.
- Work with key partners to monitor and respond to state and federal legislative happenings.
- Strong coalition building and community organizing skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Knowledge of and passion for equity, sustainability and climate change solutions.
- Able to translate thought to action quickly and effectively while understanding when additional input or guidance is needed.
- Able to prioritize multiple competing tasks to ensure the greatest possible outcome and impact.
- Open minded and optimistic team player, willing to take initiative and eager to learn.
- Strategic, innovative and systems-level thinker.
- Detail-oriented, strong task management and organizational skills.
- Able to navigate the legislative session with an understanding of the political players and processes.
- Understanding of and passion for regenerative principles.
- Multiple language skills.
Reports to Whom: Executive Director
Classification, Compensation, Schedule & Benefits:
This is a full time, salaried, non-exempt position. Salary range is between $48,000-55,000 annually depending on experience.
Schedule and Work Environment:
- The Alliance Center offers a flexible work schedule and remote working options.
- Some evenings and weekends may be required to fulfill the duties of this position.
- As the majority of The Alliance Center team is still working from home, this position can start remotely. This will adjust over time as the City and County of Denver’s restrictions lift and recommendations change.
This position qualifies for the following benefits:
- Simple IRA – 3% match of compensation (eligible January 1 of the following year)
- Health Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Dental Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Short Term Disability Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Life Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Vacation Pay (available after three months of employment; 15 days through three full years; 20 days after three years of employment)
- Sick Pay (maximum of 10 days per year)
- Holiday Pay (14 days – New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and December 26-December 31)
- RTD EcoPass (currently not enrolled due to RTD’s Covid updates)
- Paid Parental Leave (twelve weeks, available after twelve months consecutive employment)
How to Apply
- Please email: email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and include Coalition Manager in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed and interviews will take place on a rolling basis until May 31, 2021. No phone calls, please.
- The Alliance Center strives to build a diverse and inclusive organization. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply to join our team and help grow a more inclusive sustainability movement that truly serves all people.
- The Alliance Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.