Full-Time Public Engagement Director
Director of Public Engagement for the Climate Action Campaign
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective, unbranded coalitions of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to win the passage of ambitious federal climate policy that is centered on investment, standards, jobs, health, and justice. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/
The Director of Partner Engagement is responsible for working with the Senior Director of Organizing to oversee the campaign’s engagement with diverse and inclusive constituency groups to represent all of the voices impacted by climate. The Director of Partner Engagement will be responsible for the following:
PARTNER ENGAGEMENT (PE) PROGRAM OVERSIGHT & MANAGEMENT
- Development, oversight, execution, and reporting of the campaign’s NGO allied engagement strategy in conjunction with the Senior Director of Organizing, both internally and externally.
- Ensure program strategy and operational plans align with and help fulfill CAC’s overall goals and strategies.
- Communicating the strategic vision of the campaign to external stakeholders through conversations, presentations and written plans developed in consultation with other departments and campaign leadership.
- Assist in the development and management of –
- External strategies and relationships with Partners that will most effectively advance the campaign’s goals.
- Annual and key moment operational planning as well as rollout strategies for campaign initiatives to external audiences (ex: tactical or operational shifts, fly-ins, earned and paid media opportunities, etc.).
- Serve as PE’s point person for campaign-wide programmatic integration within the campaign.
- Manage the Partner Engagement (PE) team and provide strategic support.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Developing, executing, and reporting of larger CAC projects and Partner Engagement deliverables with grant funded partners.
- Acting as representative for the Partner Engagement (PE) team in internal and external discussions with partners and CAC leaders and decisionmakers.
- Overseeing the team’s budget and priorities in relation to CAC identified priorities as they shift.
- Work with other team members and CACs planning department to measure, report and evaluate program and partners regularly.
- Oversee external relationships and stewardship, such as:
- Establishing new and managing existing relationships with partner organizations representing key constituencies.
- Working well within and deftly navigating dense coalition dynamics.
- Maintaining relationships with partner organizations by facilitating regular check-in calls or meetings to ensure grant deliverables are met.
- Cultivating new partners for the campaign by developing & executing a strategy of engagement for the larger progressive community, allies, and non-traditional organizations.
- Gathering and providing all necessary intelligence from external partners (Issue Landscape as well as organization priorities plans, needs, strategies) on these issue priorities to help inform campaign program
- Identifying emerging opportunities and challenges related to external partnerships, elevating those for CAC leadership, and determining if adjustments are necessary for plans and strategies. This may include identifying and recommending additional investments in partnerships.
- Timely and accurate reporting from both our partners and our staff.
CAMPAIGN WIDE MANAGEMENT SUPPORT
- Work closely with department leads and senior leadership to –
- Connect external partners to CAC efforts;
- Execute CAC’s work to provide external voices to any CAC program priorities;
- Identify sponsors for media opportunities (paid and organic) to raise awareness of climate issues.
- Gathering and disseminating ongoing feedback and intelligence from a variety of external sources and back to internal sources to a variety of internal players in a constant, consistent, and efficient way.
- Troubleshoot issues with campaign leadership and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience with advocacy or electoral campaigns or organization management.
- Ability to represent organizational mission and programs with passion and knowledge in all settings.
- Experience working successfully with NGO’s, organization principals, and consultants.
- Strong ethical standards, tact and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), including strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated ability to manage a budget.
- Experience managing staff, and consultants with a strong desire to mentor/cultivate staff.
- Highly organized with extraordinary problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable with technology and software, including experience with MS Office/Powerpoint.
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, lead projects, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, organize time and evaluate priorities.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and to work well as a member of a team.
- Familiarity with the environmental movement preferred but not required.
- Ability to hold department and partners accountable to campaign goals
The Partner Engagement Director reports to the Senior Director of Organizing and manages a small team.
The Fine Print
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, though our teams are currently working from home due to COVID-19. Travel may be required as requested, once it’s safe to travel.
The target salary for this position is $85,000- $100,000, depending on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply for this position: https://climateactioncampaign.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0uke5
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyPlease follow this link to apply for this position: https://climateactioncampaign.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0uke5
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405