Full-Time Project Staff
NEWMOA Project Staff
Minimum of two years of full time or equivalent part time professional experience in the field of environmental science or equivalent combination of the required experience, experience with website support, and the educational substitution described below.
An undergraduate degree from a recognized school with a major in biology, chemistry, physics, earth science, environmental science or health, environmental planning or policy, or engineering is required. A graduate degree from a recognized school with a major in one of the fields listed above may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
Basic Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of federal and state waste management toxic chemicals, and pollution prevention policies and programs
- Facility with spreadsheets
- Familiarity with website support, including knowledge of HTML, basic web development, and common web development languages
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with scientists, engineers, and policy makers and to establish professional credibility
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
General Duties & Responsibilities (Specific duties and responsibilities to be assigned depending on the NEWMOA project)
- Assists with coordinating and documenting NEWMOA Workgroup/s
- Gathers and presents information for members and drafts documents
- Helps to organize Workgroup meetings and conference calls
- Conducts research and drafts presentations of the results
- Helps to prepare technical or policy documents, reports, and memos
- Assists with updating and maintaining NEWMOA’s websites and social networking sites
- Assists with implementing projects and with project planning and reporting
The satisfactory performance of the above duties and responsibilities requires the staff person to have a thorough understanding of NEWMOA’s programs, organization, and policies. The ideal candidate must be able to exercise initiative and exhibit resourcefulness in complicated situations. They must be able to work effectively with state and federal officials at both staff and management levels and with varied professional backgrounds. The ability to organize the workload and perform tasks in an accurate, conclusive, and timely manner is required.
The Project Staff person will assist with development of educational materials for a pharmaceutical waste collection project, will support analysis of state municipal solid waste data, will assist with food waste recovery projects, will assist NEWMOA’s interstate clearinghouses, and will support large conferences and meetings in 2020.
Project Staff are under the supervision of the NEWMOA Executive Director and Project Managers, depending on the project. Job performance is evaluated by the Project Manager (s) and Executive Director.
Equal Opportunity Provider & Employer
It is the policy of the NEWMOA to provide equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to gender; race; color; creed; religion; national origin; ancestry; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; pregnancy; age; disability; military service; veteran status; or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Physical or mental disabilities are considered only as they may relate to a candidate’s ability to fulfill essential job requirements.
NEWMOA makes every effort to ensure that its policies regarding hiring, salary administration, and promotion are based solely on job requirements, job performance, and job-related criteria. In addition, NEWMOA’s personnel policies and practices, including those relating to compensation, benefits, retention, termination, training, and self-development opportunities, are administered without discrimination on the basis of gender; race; color; creed; religion; national origin; ancestry; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; pregnancy; age; disability; military service; veteran status; or any other classification protected under applicable law.
This policy refers to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to employee recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, access to benefits and training, discipline, and terminations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Please provide a cover letter in addition to your resume. In your cover letter, address why you are interested in the position at NEWMOA and how your background and experience are relevant to the job requirements.