Full-Time Project Specialist – Sustainability Business and Innovation
The Project Specialist is responsible for leading and driving innovations that address consumer pain points. He or she will understand customer requirements of substantiality and bring them forward to Chaney Enterprises (CE) to create solutions and sales. He or she will also be responsible for transforming CE business units to become more sustainable.
- Gains and maintains a deep understanding of sustainability initiatives within CE and outside organization
- Collaborate closely with all departments to create roadmaps for innovation internally and sales externally of sustainable products
- Must have a high understanding of customer needs and maintain cross-functional relationships
- Responsible for bringing vision to life by influencing internal and external stakeholders
- Roll-out actionable and profitable sustainability plan
- Prepare the operational budgets and forecasts maintaining effective cost control over all costs within the assigned region.
- Train and develop and motivate all employees toward accomplishing company goals and objectives as it relates to sustainability.
- Monitor competition and expand market share by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, level of service, and competition sales strategy.
- Service existing major accounts, obtains jobs, and establishes new major accounts by assisting, planning, and organizing daily work schedule with sales team.
- Maintain and expand profit margins.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Support and enforce all company safety program. Cooperate with the company Safety Manager and continually ensure that all company operations and activities are performed in a consistently safe manner.
- Educate oneself continually and remain current on industry sustainability and by benchmarking regularly with other companies and communicating regularly with all departments impacted.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work time will be split between indoors/office and outdoors/field.
- Exposure to dust and fumes/offensive smells in the field.
- Exposure to chemicals such as concrete, chemical admixtures, truck cleaner, grease and oil.
- Close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level will be moderate.
- Lift a maximum weight of 50 lbs., repetitively lift 50 lbs., carry approximately 50 lbs., and push/pull approximately 50 lbs., and pinch/grip approximately 25 lbs.
- Reach overhead and reach away from the body.
- Sit 6 hours per day, stand 2 hours per day, and walk the other 2 hours per day.
- 5 years experience in sustainability sales or a significant leadership role.
- Prior managerial or supervisory experience.
- Written communication, verbal communication, and advanced mathematical skills.
- Ability to use a computer and iPad, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to use the company dispatching system and CRM (customer relationship management).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have proven effective leadership, training, and motivation skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to see the big picture.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Valid Drivers License.
Industry Related Experience or Skills:
- Working knowledge of all county, state and federal regulations pertaining to health, safety and the environment.
- A thorough understanding of both the operation and maintenance of ready mix concrete plants and equipment.
Education Required: High School
Preferred Education: College/Undergraduate