Full-Time Project Manager
EVHybridNoire is seeking a Project Manager to ensure coordination and timely implementation of work plans across our organization. The ideal candidate will have experience juggling multiple advocacy or public outreach-related projects simultaneously. They will be deeply committed to advancing issues of equity and justice, and have at least some understanding of how those issues intersect with transportation. This position is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual to join a small but quickly growing organization, take on a lot of responsibility from Day 1, and make a difference in one of today’s most exciting issue areas.
EVHybridNoire is the nation’s largest network of diverse electric vehicle drivers and enthusiasts. A Black-led organization with a passionate and dedicated team, our mission is to advance EVs and other e-mobility solutions–and ensure those solutions are inclusive and equitable. We engage with communities often left out of e-mobility discussions, advocate for e-mobility solutions in underserved communities, and shift the narrative about e-mobility to be more inclusive of diverse populations. Specifically, our work involves a mix of grassroots engagement, media outreach, research, speaking engagements, and advocacy and decision-maker education. That work spans many aspects of e-mobility and equity, including climate justice, workforce development, public health, multimodal mobility and creative financing of e-mobility solutions. We’re currently focused on growing our organization to meet growing demand for our advocacy efforts and thought leadership.
The Project Manager, who can work remotely from anywhere in the continental U.S. and reports to the Deputy Director, is responsible for the following at EVHybridNoire:
- Managing and improving systems for tracking our progress toward grant and project deliverables, and helping ensure we fulfill those deliverables on schedule
- Assisting with the set-up and implementation of public outreach activities, including focus groups, key informant interviews and surveys, aimed at understanding public awareness and beliefs around e-mobility and equity
- Tracking and updating project budgets
- Scheduling internal and external meetings
- Drafting updates on our work for internal and external audiences
We’re seeking candidates who have excellent project management skills and thrive in a start-up environment. You should have:
- 1-3 years of experience in a project management role
- A proven ability to juggle and complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision (ideally in a remote working environment)
- Experience participating in or managing public outreach activities, such as surveys, focus groups or grassroots outreach advocacy efforts
- Familiarity with transportation electrification broadly is preferred, as is some understanding of how e-mobility intersects with issues of equity, diversity and justice
- Comfort with and experience in learning new issue areas quickly
- Experience ‘managing up’, adapting to different working styles and preferences of co-workers or project partners
- Excellent attention to detail
- An entrepreneurial and self-driven approach to problem solving
- Proficiency using G-Suite (inc. Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Drive & Sheets), Zoom and PowerPoint
- Proficiency using Canva is preferred, as are project management certifications (Project Management Professional, Certified Associate in Project Management, etc.) and experience using project management software (Monday.com, etc.)
Annual salary range is $48,000 – $60,000, commensurate with experience. EVHybridNoire is an equal opportunity employer with a justice-centered mission, and we make a particular effort to recruit people of color to apply for open positions.