Full-Time Project Manager, Nature-Based Solutions
Project Manager, Nature-Based Solutions
Location: Burlington, VT or US-based remote
Since 2000, Native has worked with clients to develop authentic solutions to their sustainability challenges and to implement community-scale projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen clients’ businesses, and contribute to progress on climate change around the world.
We construct unique project portfolios to meet climate goals, drive business value, and deliver tangible benefits to stakeholder communities – from local conservancies and organizations to customers, suppliers, employees, and shareholders. Our methods enable communities to engage in sustained actions against climate change, and support companies in putting their sustainability strategies into practice by investing in new climate projects within their supply chain.
Native’s team of strategists, project developers, environmental scientists, engineers and legal counsel are devoted to strengthening the people, companies, and places at the heart of these initiatives, and we are seeking a Project Manager to join our team.
About the role
This role is a member of the Project Origination and Development team. Native’s Project team works closely with local partners and stakeholders to explore and expand innovative climate actions. You’re a good fit for this role if you are comfortable bringing strategy to life, if you create efficiencies across tasks, timelines, and priorities, and if you are a proactive, cross-cultural communicator. Within the team, this role focuses on grasslands soil projects, agroforestry, and potentially blue carbon, and reports to the Project Director, Nature-Based solutions.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Draft project feasibility studies and project design documents, validation, and/or other project development documents under different standards (CDM, VERRA, Gold Standard, or other) for GHG emission reduction or removal projects
- Provide technical and business development support with project origination activities led by Project Directors and/or the VP of Project Development and Origination
- Prepare internal and external facing presentations and materials to effectively communicate information about project development activities
- Maintain organized records for projects/ data in Salesforce and other project management tools to ensure all relevant information about projects are available at any time
- Evaluate new carbon removal projects for Native’s Nature-Based Solution portfolio with a focus on improved grazing/ grasslands management, regenerative agriculture (tillage systems, agroforestry systems), or other innovative project types
- Support contracting and partner negotiations as needed
- Develop and present project cost and production models to assess risk and value of projects
- Create and manage project schedules, work plans, timelines, milestones, and budgets
- Monitor project progress and make adjustments as needed
- Report internally and externally about project progress and potential barriers
- Throughout project lifecycle, measure performance to identify areas for improvement
- Monitor and assess regenerative agriculture and carbon markets, trends, customers, and competitors
What you bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in land based, agriculture, climate change mitigation, or related fields
- Familiarity with Verra, Gold Standard, CAR, or other climate market standards or third-party auditors
- A proactive commitment to problem solving, taking initiative, and curiosity
- Demonstrated proficiency with project management best practices, methodologies, and software
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google Workspace and Microsoft Suite (especially Word, Powerpoint and Excel)
- Knowledge of and experience with cropping systems, soil carbon, agroforestry, forestry, or other core study related to nature-based solutions
- Ability to work productively both in a team and autonomously
- A process-oriented mindset, comfortable self-organizing to set and meet deadlines
- 3-5 years actively managing and developing commercial scale projects
- Authorized to work in the United States
- PMP Certification (or other)
- Experience in Salesforce and Asana
- Statistics training and experience with monte carlo (or other) types of analysis and simulations
- Advanced degree in soil, forestry, environmental science, or other relevant study
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- Openness to learning opportunities and skills training
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, or other language
How to Apply
- To submit an application, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Manager, Nature-Based Solutions”.
- Native believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, engaged team are key to providing excellent stakeholder experiences. We’re searching for teammates who can enhance our culture and make our business better, and we strive to provide all applicants with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
- Native provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Native complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Please share any feedback on how we can make our recruiting more accessible by contacting us at email@example.com.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405