Full-Time Project Manager for NEWMOA
Title: Project Manager for NEWMOA
Location: NEWMOA, Boston, MA 02111
Salary: $60,000 – $65,000 / year. Benefits include vacation, personal and sick leave, health and dental insurance, and retirement contribution.
Minimum of five years of full time or equivalent part time professional experience in the field of environmental science or equivalent combination of the required experience and the educational substitution described below.
An undergraduate degree from a recognized school, preferably with a major in science, engineering, or public policy (coursework in chemistry, physics, earth science, biology, or environmental science is desired). A graduate degree from a recognized school with a major in one of the fields listed above may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.
Basic Knowledge & Skills
• Knowledge of federal and state chemical ingredient, toxics use reduction, and pollution prevention policies and programs
• Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously
• Excellent facilitation, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work effectively with scientists, engineers, and policy makers and to establish professional credibility
• Ability to support data and information collection, databases, and data systems
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to assist with managing and preparing budgets, grant proposals, and contracts
General Duties & Responsibilities (Specific duties and responsibilities to be assigned depending on the NEWMOA Program)
• Ensures that projects are completed on-time and within budget
• Manages and facilitates an Executive Committee, Board, Council, Workgroup/s and other Committees
• Organizes meetings and conference calls
• Organizes training workshops, webinars, conferences, and seminars
• Prepares and manages annual project workplans and budgets
• Assists with strategic planning
• Conducts research and presents results
• Helps to recruit new members
• Oversees and supports content areas on websites and social media sites
• Assists with development of databases and other tools
• Provides assistance to users of the High Priority Chemicals Data System and the other online databases
• Assists with preparing policy papers
• Presents at professional conferences and meetings
• Prepares technical or policy documents, fact sheets, reports, memos, and other written documents
• Identifies and develops funding opportunities
• Prepares grant applications and contracts
• Manages contracts and grants and ensures the fulfillment of their requirements
• Prepares progress reports to federal and state agencies and other funding sources
The satisfactory performance of the above duties and responsibilities requires the employee to have a thorough understanding of NEWMOA’s programs, organization, and policies to exercise initiative and resourcefulness in complicated situations and to be able to work effectively with state, local, and federal contacts and Supporting Members at both staff and management levels and with varied professional backgrounds. The ability to organize the workload and perform tasks in an accurate, conclusive, and timely manner is required.
Project Managers are under the supervision of the NEWMOA Executive Director and the Board of Directors. Job performance is evaluated by the Executive Director.
How to ApplyTo apply, send your resume, cover letter, and references to Terri Goldberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405