Full-Time Project Manager, Database Change Manage & Learning
Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Environmental Defense Fund is hiring a Project Manager, Database Change Management and Learning Initiatives to lead Salesforce-related training and change management efforts for the organization’s Development Department. This individual will play a critical role in supporting the adoption and use of Salesforce and will help build efficient and consistent business processes across the Development department.
Reporting to the Director of Development Database Services, the Project Manager, Database Change Management and Learning Initiatives will be a member of the EDF’s Development Data Team and its broader Development Information and Strategy department. This role will work closely with Development Information and Strategy colleagues, stakeholders across the Development Department, and partners in IT.
This position can be fully remote, or hybrid (2-3 days a week) located in one of our office locations (Washington DC, New York, Boston, Austin, San Francisco, Raleigh, or Boulder).
- Change Management: Salesforce Releases & Communications
- Brainstorm and develop strategies to efficiently communicate change and mitigate change fatigue.
- Collaborate with Development Data and IT colleagues to develop and share communications about new features, functions and processes.
- Hold office hours dedicated to new features, functions and processes.
- Knowledgebase & Documentation
- Partner with Development operations colleagues to build a Development Knowledgebase where staff can find digestible content on business processes and functions.
- Lead all efforts to create and maintain up-to-date Salesforce-related content.
- Independently and in collaboration with stakeholders, create user documentation for the knowledgebase including but not limited to:
- Salesforce how-to’s
- Business process guidelines
- Department policies
- Instructional videos
- Cheat sheets/infographics
- Serve as the lead Salesforce trainer for the Department
- Lead efforts to improve the Salesforce training curriculum for new Development staff
- Provide “refresher training” opportunities for existing staff
- Host regular office hours to address questions about Salesforce processes and functions
- Answer ad-hoc questions about Salesforce how-tos and related business processes and policies
- Develop Team-specific training (i.e., Planned Giving, Events, Major and Institutional Gifts, etc.)
- Provide 1:1 training as needed
- Ongoing Staff Support
- Collaborate with the colleagues and super users on potential needs for additional group or individual trainings.
- When necessary, answer staff questions about Salesforce how-to’s, business process and policy.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3-4 years of relevant work experience in training or customer support
- At least 2 years in a non-profit development setting strongly preferred
- At least 2 years of experience working with Salesforce
- At least 2 years of experience leading training sessions
- Experienced in writing training guides and end-user documentation. Experience drafting software release notes a plus
- Strong ability to communicate complex subject matter and think creatively about communication and learning strategies
- Ability to support colleagues at all levels and “meet people where they are”
- Passionate about developing user-friendly and accessible documentation including how-to’s, business process guidelines, policies and FAQs/cheat sheets
- Detailed and big-picture strategic thinker and operator
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively with partner stakeholders across EDF
- Has a high level of integrity and professionalism, and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- A self-starter, detail oriented, well-organized, and able to plan and execute projects from conception to completion
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Skilled in active listening
- Demonstrates ability to use sound judgment and identify problems
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Please include a Cover Letter with your submission. You can also include writing samples (optional) that may support your candidacy.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization. We take into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
Please note that pay ranges are country specific. As a result, the stated currency is not meant be converted into any other currency.
$77,000 – $84,000 USD/Yr.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at:
How to Apply
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at:https://www.edf.org/jobs/project-manager-database-change-manage-learning