Full-Time Project Manager and Environmental Planner
We are seeking a qualified candidate to fill our open position for a Project Manager and Environmental Planner to supervise our professional staff and manage a range of various projects. Knowledgeable in landscape design, habitat restoration, and integration of natural elements into a variety of public and private settings is desired.
The ideal applicant will have prior experience with team supervision, project management, and a concrete understanding of the environmental foundation and permitting processes. They will be well-organized, have a professional demeanor, and will work well with multiple personality types.
This position requires the selected candidate work in our Gig Harbor office in order to collaborate effectively with multiple team members on a daily basis. The selected candidate will also work collaboratively with outside clients and partners made up of landscape architects, civil engineers, surveyors, planners and others, to provide design and production support on a wide variety of public and private landscape architectural projects. Typical projects include: wetland mitigation plans, shoreline restoration, site plans, land development, tree retention plans, and creek and swale designs and support for large scale planning projects.
- Strategic planning of client project needs, including feasibility and development;
- Manage client expectations, resolve conflicts and provide exceptional level of customer service;
- Prepare for and facilitate client meetings indicating forethought and team work;
- Solicit new work from existing clientele;
- Research code/regulations, analyze, share findings and actively participate in strategic plan development process;
- Review, draft, and finalize permitting documents (e.g. Wetland Assessment Reports, Biological Evaluations, JARPAs, Technical Memorandums, Habitat Assessments) with a view to outline team on next steps, provide QA/QC and final approval;
- Participate and lead weekly project management discussions/meetings with the team;
- Prepare and manage project scope, schedule & budget and communicate challenges in a timely manner to management;
- Prepare and manage project schedules and track deliverables showing follow through and competence;
- Manage processes leading to delivery of finished product (e.g. compiling components into report body, [Appendices, Table of Contents, etc.], printing, binding);
- Ensure permits, applications and submission packets are completed and tracked;
- Maintain quality control initiatives along with providing improvement to processes;
- Participate in monthly client billing process and invoice preparation in a timely manner, and
- Update and/or delegate project management and invoice platforms.
- Assign tasks and related activities to resources, such as other staff members or sub-contractors;
- Empower project team members by delegating tasks with an appropriate level of direction and clear expectations;
- Oversee mobilization for site visits, demobilize and debrief findings, data, photos and research documentation;
- Provide updates for Rosters/RFQ’s and other requested information;
- Ensure appropriate scientific protocols are utilized per task/project, and
- Maintain collaborative and positive relationships with regulatory staff and tribal representatives.
Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in Engineering, Biological Sciences, Planning, Environmental Sciences or other applicable degrees;
- Minimum of 4 years of planning, consulting or project development;
- Proficient at managing scope, schedule and budget for multiple deliverables;
- Exemplifies competence through time management practices, work-life balance, proper plan development and utilization of resources;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience preparing biological assessments and evaluations;
- Comprehensive understanding of regional assessment methods, local, state, federal and tribal regulatory issues and trends, site planning strategies, SEPA/NEPA environmental review and policy, ESA assessments and policy, SMA and GMA policy, freshwater and/or marine ecology, wetland and stream restoration as well as mitigation design;
- Experience managing federal programs (i.e. CWA [401,402], TMDL, CAA, SPCC, CZM, EPCRA, ESA, EFH, CERCLA, RCRA, NPDES);
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to deliver information to a diverse audience;
- Displays strong leadership qualities;
- Valid WA State Driver’s License and reliable personal transportation with insurance;
- Technology savvy and computer literacy at a moderate level with MS Office Products, with proficiency in Outlook, including calendar and tasks, and Word;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks to completion;
- Read, write, and speak English at an expert level;
- Type proficiently of at least 40 words per minute;
- Self-Motivated and Self-Directed;
- Detail oriented, and
- Adherence to Company Policies is required.
How to ApplyPlease submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position in which you are applying for. About Soundview Consultants (SVC): SVC is a well-respected environmental consulting firm focused primarily on natural resources assessments, environmental planning and permitting, and compliance services for projects with an aquatic regulatory nexus. SVC specializes in both marine and land use issues; site planning and project design; project coordination; permitting and management; marine, wetland, and stream ecology; habitat restoration; wetland, stream, and eelgrass delineations and assessments; benthic surveys; underwater and terrestrial monitoring programs as well as mitigation planning. Our scientists work with many of the PNW’s leading companies, public entities, and regulatory agencies with a notably high level of success in achieving client goals and project entitlements. SVC has achieved this success while maintaining an exciting and positive workplace environment in a unique and historic waterfront setting in Gig Harbor, Washington. Our Benefits Package and What we Offer:
- PTO (Vacation/Sick Leave);
- Paid Holidays;
- Retirement with employer contribution;
- Continued education, incentive and bonus programs;
- Positive culture and professional environment;
- Talented and diversely disciplined team, and
- Solid reputation in the environmental industry.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405