Full-Time Project Director, Development and Origination
Project Director, Development and Origination
Location: Burlington, VT or US-based remote
Since 2000, Native has worked with clients to develop authentic solutions to their sustainability challenges and to implement community-scale projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen clients’ businesses, and contribute to progress on climate change around the world.
We construct unique project portfolios to meet climate goals, drive business value, and deliver tangible benefits to stakeholder communities – from local conservancies and organizations, to customers, suppliers, employees, and shareholders. Our methods enable communities to engage in sustained actions against climate change, and support companies in putting their sustainability strategies into practice by investing in new climate projects within their supply chain. Native’s team of strategists, project developers, environmental scientists, engineers and legal counsel are devoted to strengthening the people, companies, and places at the heart of these initiatives, and we are seeking a Project Director to join our team.
About the role
You’re a good fit for this role if you are comfortable bringing strategy to life, if you create efficiencies across tasks, timelines, and priorities, and if you are a proactive, cross-cultural communicator. You will work on Native’s Project Origination and Development team to realize new carbon projects, with a focus on energy, bio-gas, among other, new emerging technologies. At Native, our purpose is to catalyze meaningful authentic climate action, and the creativity, relationships, and listening this role requires are instrumental in that purpose. The Project Director reports to the Vice President of Project Origination and Development, and will supervise at least one project manager or analyst.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Develop and originate a broad range of GHG emission reduction or removal projects for Native’s project portfolio
- Lead Native’s REC portfolio and strategy for expansion within existing or growth markets
- Draft and structure agreements for long term project success and carbon asset delivery
- Develop new relationships with third party, project developers and manage and/or grow existing relationships to ensure productive communication and collaboration
- Develop and present project cost and production models to assess and mitigate risk and value of projects; manage project proformas and required analysis and communication through project development process
- Create and manage project schedules, work plans, timelines, milestones, and budgets
- Monitor project progress and make adjustments as needed
- Report internally and externally about project progress and potential barriers
- Throughout project lifecycle, coordinate with Director of Asset Management to measure performance and identify areas for improvement
- Monitor and assess regenerative agriculture and carbon markets, trends, customers, and competitors
- Research, innovate, and evaluate new carbon removal projects for Native’s project portfolio (5-10% of time)
- Willingness to travel internationally, sometimes to remote regions and project locations (5% of time)
What you bring:
- Advanced degree in statistics, engineering, energy, environmental science, or equivalent technical studies and experience
- 5-10 years actively managing and developing carbon projects (or other similar types of projects that require technical expertise and management)
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing third party supplier relationships (these can be sophisticated, large commercial developers to early market entrants)
- Demonstrated success negotiating, closing, and executing contracts
- Demonstrated proficiency with project management best practices, methodologies, and software tools to manage work plans and schedules
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel
- Demonstrated ability to manage project deliverables on time, to a high standard of quality, and within budget
- A proactive commitment to problem solving, taking initiative, and curiosity
- Experience with renewable energy projects, implementing biogas energy projects (particularly in dairy systems), and working with GHG emission reduction/removal market(s)
- Ability to work productively both in a team and autonomously
- A process-oriented mindset, comfortable self-organizing to set and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of climate change issues
- Experience managing a team (contractors/subcontractors or internal teams) and a multi-disciplined project schedule
- Authorized to work in the United States
- PMP Certification (or similar)
- Experience in Salesforce and Asana
- Statistics training and experience with Monte Carlo (or similar) types of risk analysis and simulations
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- Openness to learning opportunities and skills training
- Proficiency in a second language (Spanish or French preferred)
How to Apply
- To submit an application, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Project Director”.
- Native believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, engaged team are key to providing excellent stakeholder experiences. We’re searching for teammates who can enhance our culture and make our business better, and we strive to provide all applicants with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
- Native provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Native complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Please share any feedback on how we can make our recruiting more accessible by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405