Full-Time Project Coordinator – Sustainability Education and Green Workforce
Project Coordinator – Sustainability Education and Green Workforce
Strategic Energy Innovations – San Rafael, CA
Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI) is seeking a Project Coordinator to support our K-College Education and Green Workforce programs. This position requires technical expertise, knowledge, and supervisory experience related to energy and climate-related topics in order to analyze data, implement projects, and train and supervise program participants across a variety of energy and sustainability programs.
This is a full-time position is based out of our main office staff in San Rafael, CA. Typical working hours are Monday-Friday, includes travel and field support, and requires flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work. Target start date is as soon as possible. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
SEI is a non-profit organization based in San Rafael, Marin County. SEI is committed to actions that sustain our planet. We achieve this goal by partnering with community groups that are integral to local climate and energy solutions, such as housing providers, schools, colleges and universities, and municipal governments through funding from diverse federal, state, municipal, and foundation sources. Our staff works closely in a team-oriented environment supporting each other on projects and creatively developing new models and approaches. We’re looking for a resourceful individual to join our team who enjoys leading and supporting multiple concurrent projects and has the ambition to grow with our organization. More details on our programs and services can be found at:
- On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/StrategicEnergyInnovations.
Project Coordinator Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator reports to and supports the activities of SEI’s Executive Director and other program directors and managers, in addition to leading programs of their own. We are looking for candidates who can work comfortably and professionally with a diverse set of colleagues, partners, clients and program participants, that include: high school teachers and students, college faculty and students, young professionals, federal, state and local government department staff, policymakers, community stakeholders, financial and technical service providers, and funders. The Project Coordinator will be involved in all phases of projects, from design and fundraising to planning, implementation, evaluation, and reporting. This team member will manage staff and external partners contributing to their programs, providing appropriate direction, support, mentoring and supervision.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Lead and/or assist on programs focused primarily on our efforts within our K-College Education and Green Workforce sectors. For more information on the primary programs in these sectors, visit the websites provided above.
- A people person who is able to proactively establish and expand strategic contacts and our agency’s reputation as an innovator, expert and thought partner by representing the organization externally at select conferences, workshops, meetings and events, forming and cultivating agency relationships.
- Interface with Educators, Students, Teachers, Administrators in the K-12 and university sector, creating innovative approaches to working with schools, universities, and community through a variety of project management and education responsibilities.
- Interface with Partners, Non-Profit and For-Profit, as well a myriad of entities outside of the education sector.
- Assist with all aspects of our education and workforce development projects and programs, including curriculum development, teacher training, instructional planning, direct instruction, staff supervision and mentorship, grant/proposal writing, evaluation, and reporting.
- Design, facilitate and support instructor, student, staff, community and professional program-related trainings and events relating to sustainability, energy efficiency, conservation, renewable energy, and climate protection, as well as perform detailed associated logistical support.
- May supervise, teach, or mentor students and/or young professionals working on climate protection projects in schools, on campuses, local governments, non-profits, and private companies
- Flexible to support the breadth of SEI programs and program areas as time and funding priorities dictate.
- Research and document best practices in climate, energy, and sustainability education and workforce development.
- Masters degree in a quantitative, educational or environmental discipline. A Bachelor’s degree may be considered in cases where the applicant can demonstrate relevant job or equivalent masters level internship experience with an increasing degree of scope and role.
- Demonstrated background and success designing/leading group trainings on technical topics (e.g.: energy efficiency, solar energy, energy auditing, climate change, whole building performance, etc.)
- Broad understanding of sustainability, climate change, energy conservation, energy efficiency, and renewable energy concepts and topics, evidenced by experience teaching these subjects and/or pursuit of additional coursework, seminars, and professional certifications.
- Knowledge, experience, and skill in the education sector, with traditional or non-traditional teaching, public speaking, group presentations. An understanding of the organizational mechanisms of school districts, high schools, and colleges highly desired.
- Experience with staff or volunteer supervision and mentorship
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable insured vehicle
- Evidence of strong verbal and written communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience and ease working with superiors, peers, junior staff, partners, clients, and constituents.
- Prior people management, mentoring and supervision skills, including the ability to convey direction in a positive, constructive and succinct manner. Aptitude for interpersonal rapport building and working collaboratively with others.
- Strong experience with an interest in data analysis and quantification (e.g. Excel-based analytics, economics, statistics, building science)
- Track record of successful project management and taking on a growing body of work with a timely fulfillment of associated tasks & deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience as a trainer and presenter.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills and ability to self-manage and follow through to ably meet multiple, concurrent deadlines.
- Strong experience with and interest in various information technologies along with competency across the Microsoft suite of office automation software (e.g.: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). Aptitude to quickly learn industry or project specific software.
- Ability to work under direct supervision, collaboratively in teams/ partners, or independently.
Additional Valued Skills
- Curriculum and training materials development and delivery
- Familiarity operating within school, university, governmental, and private industry structures and staff.
- Use of online social media, video editing, graphics software, website creation.
SEI offers a competitive starting salary for this position of $55K to $60K plus company paid medical benefits.
This position requires applicants to perform the following tasks:
Read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason and analyze, use fine finger movements, use a computer and mouse, sit, stand, walk, drive a motorized vehicle, carry and/or lift up to 40 pounds, reach above shoulder level, bend, squat, crouch, kneel, push/pull, grasp.