Full-Time Project Coordinator
Project Coordinator Job Description
Be part of an ambitious, solutions-driven effort to address climate change at the local level! A Climate to Thrive (ACTT) seeks a passionate community organizer, innovative thinker, and dedicated self-starter to serve as Project Coordinator, focused on implementing local solutions to the climate crisis. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Project Coordinator will interface with the broad ACTT community throughout Mount Desert Island (MDI) and Hancock County to deliver and facilitate a wide array of projects. ACTT projects are action-based solutions that address the complexities of climate change and sustainability. Focus areas include climate action planning, waste reduction, beneficial electrification, energy efficiency, benchmarking & auditing, and plastic elimination.
- Develop innovative climate change solutions projects with support from Executive Director and ACTT Board and volunteers
- Coordinate projects from start-to-finish, working independently while seeking support from ACTT leadership and collaborating with key community stakeholders
- Create and implement compelling communication regarding projects to motivate community action and participation
- Build relationships with key stakeholders such as municipalities, businesses, organizations and community groups
- Track project budgets and collaborate with Executive Director and ACTT Board to cultivate funding
- Steward volunteers (recruitment, training, and acknowledgment) within the scope of projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of climate science basics and climate policies
- Experience with community organizing
- Experience with climate action planning processes preferred
- Comfort public speaking
- Website & design skills a plus!
- Full-time position
- Salary $35,000 – $40,000 a year, dependent on experience
- Benefits, including vision and dental
- Project Coordinator is responsible for providing personal office space, computer, phone, and internet
- Mileage will be reimbursed per U.S. Internal Revenue Service rates
Please send a cover letter and resume to ACTT Interim Executive Director, Johannah Blackman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by Monday, September 27. Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.
A Climate to Thrive began in 2015 as a grassroots organization, formed by residents of MDI who were concerned about climate change and eager to implement local action. Our mission is to make MDI a pillar of sustainability, and, in particular, energy independent by 2030. In the six years since its founding, ACTT has rapidly established itself as a model of local, solutions-focused action on climate change and sustainability and a leader in statewide discussions and climate action. We are committed to climate justice through building systems of inclusion, increasing equity and ownership of climate solutions and participation in the development of those solutions and through an intersectional approach to climate work. ACTT is also committed to the empowerment of young climate leaders and the broadening of the climate movement and cultivates both through internships, educational programs, and volunteer opportunities. Join this vibrant community committed to climate change action and solutions, dedicated to the pursuit of climate justice, and driven by ambitious, science-based goals! Read more at aclimatetothrive.org.