Full-Time Program Staff, Environment Portfolio
Robertson Foundation | Program Staff, Environment Portfolio
- Do you have a track record of intellectual rigor and academic achievement?
- Do you have deep knowledge of fields related to the environment, especially from a scientific or engineering perspective?
- Do you daydream about ways to encourage a transition to a low‐carbon economy?
- Do you believe philanthropy has the capacity to move the needle on climate change?
- Are you able to check your bias at the door and open yourself up to inquiry, challenge, and change?
If you answered YES to all of the above, we invite you to apply to the Robertson Foundation for a full‐time position on our Environmental Team.
The Robertson Foundation is a private, family‐led foundation established in 1996 by Julian Robertson and his wife Josie. By taking a targeted yet creative approach to philanthropy, Mr. Robertson, the Chairman of Tiger Management LLC., and his family seek to have a positive social impact and create a legacy that reflects the
family’s values. The Robertson Foundation looks to maximize the impact of its efforts and drive superior results by making large, transformative grants that leverage the Foundation’s resources beyond the immediate funds committed, thereby reorienting the thinking, policies, and approaches of governmental entities and other philanthropic initiatives.
- Manage multiple grants, working with external advisors and colleagues and reporting to the Environment Portfolio Lead;
- Assist with the design and implementation of new strategies;
- Monitor and evaluate grant progress, budgets, and metrics through site visits and written reports;
- Prepare presentations and written materials for internal and external audiences;
- Draft and prepare written materials with quick turnaround such as Power Point presentations, Excel spreadsheets, briefing papers, one pagers, or talking points;
- Ensure team leaders are prepared for presentations, meetings, and other key activities; and
- Assist on other projects as assigned.
We seek responses from a range of dedicated, curious individuals with outstanding analytic, communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Qualifications include:
- An undergraduate degree, graduate degree preferred;
- No less than 5‐7 years relevant career experience;
- Deep knowledge of climate change and energy technology, as well as familiarity with other environmental problems;
- Experience working with the electricity sector a plus, including knowledge of utility reform;
- Coursework in science or engineering, if not work experience in these areas;
- Excellent writing and research skills;
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills with an openness to contesting ideas and recommendations and the flexibility to change course as needed;
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of information and distill into relevant analysis;
- A strong understanding of quantitative research methods (e.g. ability to interpret statistical analyses, financial metrics, etc.);
- Adaptability to a variety of work styles, from fast‐paced to quiet and serious;
- A creative, proactive, and entrepreneurial mindset;
- A sense of humor;
- Acute attention to detail; and
- Commitment to a collegial, team‐oriented workplace.
The position is full‐time; compensation includes salary and full benefits package.
If interested, please email or send a cover letter and resume to Ruth Brenner at email@example.com or 101 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10178. Please submit all electronic materials in PDF format.
Robertson Foundation values diversity and is committed to the recruitment and retention of individuals of diverse backgrounds, sex, race, religion, age, disability, gender preference and sexual orientation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
How to ApplyTo Apply If interested, please email or send a cover letter and resume to Ruth Brenner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 101 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10178. Please submit all electronic materials in PDF format.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405