Full-Time Program Manager – Sustainable Transportation
Who is this job for?
Someone who is knowledgeable (or highly curious) about sustainable transportation, behavior change, sustainability, transportation, TDM, city planning, community development, or workforce development, and wants to put that passion and knowledge to work every day improving mobility and commuting.
If you want a job that directly and meaningfully improves communities, tackles climate change, and is a little bit different every day, then you’re in the right place.
Skills, Talents, and Experience
Our ideal candidate is an expert at:
- Managing Programs and Projects: You have exceptional project management experience and skills such as:
- Building and prioritizing resources, initiatives, and timelines to exceed goals.
- Organizational skills and commitment to quality.
- Strategy development and management to guide projects and/or programs across the finish line.
- Budgeting skills that can match strategy and prioritization.
- Stakeholder and client management to help frame and drive these projects successfully.
- Team-building skills that result in amazing outcomes, happy teammates, and award-winning programs.
- Collaborating and communicating with people: You thrive when working with others and don’t hesitate to engage with your audience. You have:
- Engaging and persuasive presentation skills (specifically making visually engaging presentations/content/delivery to varied audiences).
- Experience leveraging interpersonal communication skills to achieve common goals.
- Experience contributing to teams of varied sizes, locations, and forms.
- Experience with building and maintaining strong client and stakeholder relationships.
- Crunching Numbers and Changing Course: You’re not intimidated by data or spreadsheets and the stories they can tell us. You have:
- Experience monitoring and reporting on program analytics.
- Experience using data to inform or pivot strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to develop metric/monitoring efforts to prove value/success.
- Exceptional analytical, influencing, negotiating, and problem-solving skills.
- Working with tools: You have in-depth knowledge of, and experience with, varying software, including:
- Project management software (e.g., Asana, Wrike, Basecamp, etc.).
- Microsoft Office tools (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- General understanding of other platforms that directly aid in program delivery.
A typical day will be anything but typical. But it will always involve collaborating with talented teammates in Atlanta, Los Angeles, Toronto, Denver, and beyond. This position will lead projects and/or tasks from strategy development to the delivery of innovative, in-depth commuter transportation projects to key audiences. Core work activities include:
- Leveraging transportation demand management (TDM), business and organizational development principles to achieve project goals.
- Developing and fostering local stakeholder partnerships to support project goals.
- Implementing programs focused on shifting travel behaviors of key audience segments including university students, hospitality, retail, and lower-wage workers.
- Leading place-based improvement tasks including strategic direction, project delivery, budget management, stakeholder engagement, and milestone reporting.
- Curating and communicating relevant and timely transportation information to commuters, employers, and stakeholders such as construction-related updates and information, transportation/transit service attributes, and other mode-specific details
- Implementing employer-facing outreach, sales, and partnerships for TMAs in collaboration with existing team members.
- Leading, planning, and staffing outreach efforts such as presentations to large groups, transportation fairs, kiosks/expos, tabling, lunch and learns, and other in-person engagement tactics.
- Supporting data collection tasks required to inform program measurement and evaluation, with a strong data-led approach to decision-making.
- Supporting public involvement and engagement strategies to effectively reach broad audiences. This may include navigating crucial conversations regarding under-resourced communities, vulnerable populations, and underrepresented demographics.
Education & Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Four or more years of full-time professional experience, related to program management, communications, sales, public engagement, and/or community outreach
- Ability to pass a Homeland Security background check
How to ApplyPlease send a resume and cover letter to Andy Knauer, Administrative and Compliance Lead: firstname.lastname@example.org In your cover letter, include a paragraph or two about how your unique skill set can be applied to this role and the overall mission of UrbanTrans.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405