Full-Time Program Manager, One Earth Science & Policy Program
About One Earth
One Earth is a non-profit organization working to accelerate collective action to solve the climate crisis through groundbreaking science, inspiring media, and an innovative approach to scaling climate philanthropy. The solutions for the climate crisis already exist, and the latest science, spearheaded by One Earth, shows we can achieve the 1.5°C limit through three pillars of action – a shift to 100% renewable energy by 2050, protection and restoration of half of the world’s lands and oceans, and a transition to regenerative agriculture. Our mission is to galvanize philanthropists at all levels to join the fight for our future by mobilizing significant resources for frontline leaders and organizations directly implementing these critical climate change solutions in every bioregion around the world.
Diversity & Inclusion
Central to One Earth’s mission is a recognition of the value of diversity. One Earth is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status. People of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are all encouraged to apply.
We’re hiring a Program Manager for One Earth’s Science & Policy Program. One Earth (OE) develops and funds advanced research to help solve the twin crises of climate change and biodiversity. In 2022-2023 our strategic focus is on the protection, conservation, and restoration of terrestrial habitats and the expansion of Indigenous land rights. The program also includes work in marine conservation, regenerative agriculture, and renewable energy. Applicants should have an enthusiasm for learning new things and a keen interest in nature and climate change.
The core responsibilities of the position include:
- knowledge management (scanning, summarizing, and logging peer-reviewed literature);
- grants management (see https://oneearth.org/science-portfolio);
- researching, writing, and editing science-related editorial content for OE websites;
- screening and vetting inbound proposals and requests;
- management of the OE scientific advisory network;
- planning, credentialing and attendance at key UN events and conferences; and (7) assistance in managing OE-housed collaborative projects including the Global Safety Net (GSN) and the Commodity Genome Project (CGP).
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
A Bachelor’s Degree is required, with a Masters Degree or higher in related scientific fields preferred.
Applicants should have at least one year of related experience at a university, research institute, non-governmental organization, private sector company, or publication.
Excellent writing and communication skills are required, along with the ability to summarize data in excel or other formats. Interest or experience in GIS mapping is a major plus.
One Earth is committed to creating an inclusive environment, including providing reasonable accommodations to allow all employees to thrive in their role.
- Extensive use of computers, cellphones, and other electronic devices
- Ability to undertake periodic domestic or international travel
How to Apply
- Please click here to apply online.
- Upload *Cover Letter*, *Resume/CV*, and a brief *Writing Sample related to climate change or nature conservation* as a single PDF, using the following format for the file name: "Your Name_Job Title.pdf"
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405