Full-Time Program Manager, Energy
Verra is creating the new role of Program Manager, Industrial Innovations to help develop and implement a strategy to support industrial and technological greenhouse gas (GHG) innovation opportunities.
A day with Verra’s Innovation Team includes…
- Engaging project developers, technical experts, and other stakeholders
- Providing input and mentorship on key issues
- Co-developing technical and strategic content
Specific functions you will be responsible for…
- Develop innovative standards and methodologies to scale-up climate action by one to two orders of magnitude, in particular, related to the energy transition, Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS), energy storage, responsibly sourced natural gas production (low-methane), clean hydrogen, refrigerants, and other technological GHG opportunities
- Engaging with project developers, technology providers, investors, and credit buyers, to identify new activities that could scale up industrial GHG reductions and removals
- Participating in, and eventually supporting Verra working groups, the Policy & Markets team, and diversity of partner run initiatives
- Represent Verra at relevant industry conferences, workshops, and events.
What will you bring?
- A degree, preferably a Master’s, in sciences, engineering, or a related field.
- Seven (or more) years of meaningful professional experience leading projects and people in the industrial and/or energy climate space, particularly CCS, electricity systems, clean hydrogen, cryptocurrency, net-zero strategy, and/or oil & gas.
- Expertise in GHG accounting; preference will be given to candidates with knowledge of carbon standards and/or emission reduction regulations.
- An existing network of relevant organizations and individuals working in this space.
- Experience coordinating technical work and demonstrated success in collaborating to produce impactful outcomes.
- Strong social skills; capable of maintaining a professional approach and demeanor in fast-paced situations, and able to provide support and guidance to other Verra team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English is important. Proficiency in other languages would be an advantage.
We value growth and personal development! In this role, we see growth opportunities by…
- Thinking strategically! The role centers around developing and implementing a strategy to prioritize opportunities and resources.
- Be creative! Develop creative yet workable approaches to addressing key technological and implementation challenges associated with the carbon accounting and crediting of industrial emission reduction projects.
- Take ownership! Work on groundbreaking programs designed to drive finance towards high-impact activities that solve some of the most pressing environmental issues of our day.
- Connect! Learn from a diverse group of climate and SD thought leaders and other dedicated professionals at Verra. Expand your network of professionals working on climate change and sustainable development (SD), including government officials, private-sector actors, NGOs, and others.
How will you know you’re successful?
- VCS methodologies are recognized as having the highest integrity and workability
- Verra continues to be the leading standard-setting organization in the voluntary carbon market, with technological innovations playing an increasing role in its climate impact.
- Verra partners consistently express positive feedback with respect to Verra’s management of its industrial innovations.
You will join a great team! Veterans …
- Are from diverse locations and backgrounds, including carbon market authorities, project developers, consultants, policymakers, researchers, auditors, and more.
- Are committed to driving finance at scale to projects and programs that advance climate action and SD through high-quality standards and programs.
- Share a common set of values: Teamwork, Results, Integrity, Balance, and Exploration.
To help us attract and retain top talent, Verra pays employees competitively to the market. In return, we expect each employee to, at a minimum:
- Meet expectations in terms of work effort and performance;
- Take the initiative to build the skills and knowledge needed to do their job effectively; and
- Embody Verra’s values.
For this position, the salary range is USD $74,301-$84,356, depending on experience.
We will recognize employees who go beyond expected performance with salary increases and/or promotions, but the bar for earning those rewards is high.
Salary is one component of Verra’s total compensation package which also includes:
- Top-tier health, vision, and dental care, and life insurance;
- Verra contributions to each employee’s retirement plan;
- Verra contributions as required by national labor laws in countries where staff are located;
- Paid Time Off (PTO) comprising 22-30 days plus ten floating holidays, sabbatical after five years of service, and other leave allowances; and
- Funds to support professional development.
*Please add app.bamboohr.com to your contact list to ensure you receive emails from us*
Verra provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We conduct our recruitment and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
How to ApplyTo apply, visit this page and click the "Apply for this Job" button. When you apply, please send us the following:
- Cover letter (not to exceed one page)
- Resume/CV (not to exceed two pages)