Full-Time Program Manager and Coordinator for New York
PaintCare Program Manager and Coordinator for New York Program
PaintCare seeks qualified candidates including a Program Manager and one or more Program Coordinators to implement the New York PaintCare program and will consider candidates with various levels of experience and located in different regions of the state. The program manager will be responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing the operations of the New York PaintCare program. Program coordinators will assist with program implementation, including developing partnerships with program stakeholders and identifying, recruiting, and training paint drop-off locations.
PaintCare, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, was established in 2009 by the American Coatings Association (ACA) to implement state-mandated paint stewardship programs on behalf of paint manufacturers in each state that adopts a paint stewardship law. PaintCare programs are funded by a fee on new paint sales. Funding is used to set up drop-off sites where the public can take leftover paint for recycling, pay for the recycling of this paint, conduct public education, and provide program administration. PaintCare currently runs programs in ten states and the District of Columbia. A program for Washington was recently launched in April 2021, and a New York program is also scheduled to launch in early 2022. Please visit www.paintcare.org for more information.
Responsibilities (Manager and Coordinator)
• Partnerships: Establish and maintain successful relationships with program partners including paint retailers, municipal household hazardous waste (HHW) programs, solid waste management programs, paint transporters and recyclers, organizations representing painting contractors, New York Department of Environmental Conservation, and other stakeholders.
• Paint drop-off sites: Identify, recruit, and train paint drop-off sites including paint retailers, HHW facilities, and transfer stations. Evaluate their suitability for being a drop-off site, explain how the process works, train site staff on program operations.
• Paint collection events: Organize all aspects of paint collection events including identifying locations and contacts, working with event operators and paint transporters, managing traffic control and public relations on the event day, summarizing results.
• Large-volume pick-up service (LVP): Screen customers for eligibility to use the LVP service, explain how the service works, pass customer (painting contractors, property managers, and other generators of large volumes of leftover paint) to transporter to arrange for pick-up.
• Maintain detailed and organized database of drop-off site information.
• Review and approve invoices.
• Assist with public outreach including distribution of public information materials to all paint retailers and others upon request (including those that are not drop-off sites), and monitor use and usability of materials.
• Make presentations to small and large groups of stakeholders (e.g., recycling conferences, painting contractors, HHW stakeholders).
Additional Responsibilities (Manager)
• Oversee state program operations and coordinators. Manage staffing levels and recruit and train new staff.
• Program requirements: Evaluate convenience levels, determine progress towards established goals, and identify areas in need of additional sites and services.
• Analyze paint collection volume data.
• Develop budgets and analyze financial data.
• Prepare program plans, annual reports, and written documents as needed.
• Work closely with other PaintCare program managers to share best management practices and implement programs consistently across PaintCare states.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Knowledge of hazardous waste management, public sector waste and recycling initiatives and/or retail operations in the home improvement sector.
• Familiarity with paint products and users of paint including paint retailers, painting contractors, and property managers.
• Knowledge of retail infrastructure and operations, including big box, chain, and independent stores.
• Interest in working collaboratively with broad range of stakeholders.
• Experience with public speaking, training and/or making presentations.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Experience with budget development, and data and financial analysis. (Qualification for Manager position only)
• Knowledge of product stewardship programs, laws, and organizations.
• Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite and FileMaker or similar database applications.
• Ability to work independently from home.
• Willingness to travel extensively within the state, particularly at the start of the program to recruit and train drop-off sites and to meet with stakeholders. Occasional travel to Washington D.C. and other locations in the U.S. for trainings, conferences, or meetings (out of state travel is currently paused due to COVID-19).
• Valid state driver’s license required.
Location and Travel
These positions are located in New York. Employees will work from home. Extensive travel throughout the state, up to 50% of time, will be required for Coordinators to visit drop-off sites and meet with local stakeholders. Travel for the Manager position will be extensive during program development and reduced over time. Overnight stays (2-3 nights) up to 1-2 times per month. Out of state travel for staff meetings and trainings will also take place, 2-3 times per year for 3-4 days. PaintCare has an employee-focused travel policy to allow for flexibility on timing, location, and duration of travel due to COVID-19.
Employment, Salary and Benefits
These are full time, regular, exempt positions. Salary depends on experience. PaintCare, through the ACA, provides generous benefits [401(k), vacation days, medical, dental, and life insurance] and reimbursement for travel expenses.
Diversity & Inclusion
PaintCare is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
To apply for one or both of these positions please visit https://american-coatings-association.breezy.hr/ . Please submit a single pdf document containing both your resume and, if you are applying for the Manager position, a sample that best exemplifies your writing ability (500 words minimum). Please also submit cover letter stating your motivations for applying and whether you are applying to be a Manager, Coordinator, or both. You will also be asked to submit your salary requirements. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
How to ApplyContact Information To apply for one or both of these positions please visit https://american-coatings-association.breezy.hr/ . Please submit a single pdf document containing both your resume and, if you are applying for the Manager position, a sample that best exemplifies your writing ability (500 words minimum). Please also submit cover letter stating your motivations for applying and whether you are applying to be a Manager, Coordinator, or both. You will also be asked to submit your salary requirements. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405