Full-Time Program Manager, Daughters for Earth (Flexible Location)
Location: Flexible inside the US, assuming availability for regular communication and collaboration with colleagues in PST/EST time zones.
About One Earth
One Earth is a non-profit organization working to accelerate collective action to solve the climate crisis through groundbreaking science, inspiring media, and an innovative approach to scaling climate philanthropy. The solutions for the climate crisis already exist, and the latest science, spearheaded by One Earth, shows we can achieve the 1.5°C limit through three pillars of action – a shift to 100% renewable energy by 2050, protection and restoration of half of the world’s lands and oceans, and a transition to regenerative agriculture. Our mission is to galvanize philanthropists at all levels to join the fight for our future by mobilizing significant resources for frontline leaders and organizations directly implementing these critical climate change solutions in every bioregion around the world.
Central to One Earth’s mission is a recognition of the value of diversity, and the undeniable fact that women of all backgrounds around the world are central to solving the climate crisis and creating a just and vibrant future. One Earth is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
BIPOC/people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are all encouraged to apply.
About Daughters for Earth
Daughters for Earth is a new philanthropic fund and public campaign, operated in partnership with One Earth, that aims to mobilize all women to actively engage in climate change action by supporting on the ground, women-led efforts around the world to protect and restore the Earth.
Daughters for Earth will rapidly strengthen women-led efforts around the world by putting capital in the hands of women who are working with the land and with their communities to create the vibrant, just, healthy future we want. DFE will provide grants to and shine a light on effective women-led and women-operated conservation (land and coastal), restoration, and regenerative agriculture projects around the world that are contributing to the science-based goal of protecting and restoring 50% of the world’s lands. Given that 80% of the remaining global biodiversity is within the lands of Indigenous peoples and these lands also store vast amounts of carbon, DFE will prioritize supporting efforts led by Indigenous women.
With the backing of a circle of leading philanthropists, Daughters will launch a grassroots campaign inviting every woman and girl to the movement in 2022. With this dual strategy that asks all women, regardless of their financial capacity to join, we aim to create a major mobilization of all women to be part of one movement that ignites the power of women worldwide with direct actions towards solving climate change and restoring balance with the Earth.
The Program Manager position for the Daughter for Earth (DFE) initiative reports directly to the One Earth Executive Director and works closely with the DFE Leadership team and One Earth team to manage all activities related to developing, launching, and managing this exciting new initiative across all activities including communications, grantmaking, fundraising, and partnerships.
Planning and strategy
- Collaborate on the development of the Daughters communications and events strategy.
- Collaborate with the DFE Leadership team and Governance Council in developing the grantmaking strategy that supports efforts at the nexus of gender and climate with a focus on land preservation.
- Develop and cultivate strong working relationships with grantees, Daughters advisors, experts in the field, partners, and colleagues in conservation, regenerative agriculture, climate change, and philanthropy.
- Maintain a knowledge base about climate change and women’s leadership with a focus on land and coastal conservation, restoration, regenerative agriculture, Indigenous rights, and grassroots solutions.
Communications, Fundraising and Events
- Communications: produce written content about the Daughters initiative, including strategy, approach, structure, grantees, and impact for a range of audiences including donors, partners, and the public for use on the website, social media, in presentations, and at events.
- Donor research and management: Support the identification of and outreach to potential donors in collaboration with the DFE Leadership team and One Earth development staff, conduct research on prospects, maintain a contact database, and provide written information and briefs for outreach activities.
- Meeting and event management: Lead on the effective management of virtual and in-person meetings and events with a range of stakeholders, e.g. donor roundtables, advisor convenings, and strategy development meetings. This will involve all aspects of event planning, including logistics, travel, preparation of meeting agendas, other meeting materials, and reports, etc.
- Work with the Leadership team and Governance Council, with support from the One Earth program staff to identify potential grant opportunities, evaluate new proposals, conduct occasional site visits, actively assist organizations in improving the quality of proposals and activities, manage active grants, assess their progress, and analyze and act on financial and programmatic reports.
- Draft internal documents and analyses for the DFE Leadership team and Governance Council consideration of funding proposals.
- Manage grantmaking budget, portfolio, and grants administration with support from the One Earth team.
Administrative and Team support
- Provide programmatic and administrative assistance as needed to the Leadership team and Governance Council including scheduling, travel support, expense reconciliation, etc.
- Work closely with the Executive Director on program budget development and management.
- Proactively support the Leadership team around virtual and in-person team and Advisory Board meetings /event planning, including logistics, preparation of meeting agendas, other meeting materials, and reports.
- Streamline and manage programmatic files, work plans, and calendars.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Substantial experience excelling in roles relevant to this position
- Significant experience working independently, without close supervision, and related experience working with and supporting remote teams
- Experience in and/or knowledge of relevant issues and topics, such as climate change, women’s leadership, land conservation, land restoration, regenerative agriculture, Indigenous rights, and grassroots environmental approaches.
- English fluency; working proficiency in Spanish (desirable)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom or other virtual meeting platforms, grants management systems, and project management software a plus
- Model reliability, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Mission-driven professionalism, adaptability, and flexibility
- Excellent fit with One Earth’s ethos and approach, including shared team values of being collaborative, curious, respectful, equitable, and relevant
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of values, views, and approaches to issues relevant to Daughters allies and partners everywhere
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, very collegial demeanor, and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively and professionally with diverse partners
- Ability to take creative initiative and contribute ideas for enhancing impact
- Superb written and oral communication skills including the ability to collect, review, analyze, synthesize, and present information
- Ability to undertake periodic international travel
One Earth is committed to creating an inclusive environment, including providing reasonable accommodations to allow all employees to thrive in their role.
Extensive use of computers and cellphones.
Ability to undertake period international travel.
How to ApplyTo Apply visit oneearth.org/careers/apply/program-manager-daughters-for-earth and upload a cover letter, resume and brief writing sample.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405