Full-Time Program Manager
Co-founded in 2005 by Robert Redford and his son James Redford, The Redford Center uses the power of storytelling to galvanize environmental justice and regeneration. Our cross-cutting programs support environmental storytellers and invest in impact-driven narrative strategies. By amplifying and changing the conversations around environmentalism, we aim to engage a much broader and more diverse population in the movement.
Over the years, The Redford Center has produced three award-winning feature documentaries and over 30 short films, supported 75+ film and media projects with grants and other services, inspired over 400 student films, and dispersed more than $8 million to our fiscally sponsored projects. Our films activate real change – we have engaged millions of viewers across all 50 states and 45 countries, inspiring hope and generating demand for a world where human and planetary health are fundamental values driving action. Our impact campaigns have halted the construction of dirty coal plants, reconnected the Colorado River to the Sea of Cortez, and helped accelerate the clean energy revolution in America.
The majority of our diverse film portfolio is made by or about women leading the environmental and climate justice movement, and our growing network of 400+ environmentally engaged storytellers also represent youth, communities of color, and LBGTQ+ communities, who are among the groups historically underrepresented in media and the environmental movement, and who are often among those leading progress on the ground and enacting the solutions needed to safeguard humanity and our planet.
As we move to meet the urgency of the times, we are looking for team members who are nimble, excited to help shape a growing organization, and who are energized about our mission of environmental impact using storytelling.
The Program Manager will be a key member of our team to lead programmatic growth and implementation, ensuring we take a strategic and equitable approach into every aspect of our work. This position will report to the executive team and help lead our program teams to expand our programmatic offerings, reach, and quality, developing ways to better support our network of environmental organizations and filmmakers in achieving our mission of using the power of storytelling to galvanize environmental justice and regeneration. We are looking for a proactive, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individual who is excited to join an innovative and fast-growing organization and has a passion for, and experience in, environmental and/or film work; this position provides a talented individual the chance to help lead a dynamic mission-driven non-profit, with potential opportunities to advance within the organization.
• Manage program team(s) (including relevant staff and consultants) in the development, implementation, and evaluation of Redford Center programs, and tracks strategic progress and alignment to goals.
• Serve as lead on programs, ensuring that The Redford Center is tracking the progress of partners, providing capacity and technical support, assessing partner needs, capturing best practices and lessons learned, and helping disseminate those practices and lessons.
• Manage development of research, resources, tools, case studies, media, aand other materials to support program deliverables, including identifying technical assistance and capacity-building resources and approaches.
• Oversee the development and delivery of live and online events (e.g., workshops, community screenings, networking sessions, partner and filmmaker convenings), including designing sessions, identifying speakers, and facilitating meetings and events.
• Develop and/or co-authors grant reports, final program reports, and other program documents, including budgets and data-based monitoring and evaluation of programs.
• Develop and drafts program materials for partners, grantors, and the public in coordination with the communications team; this could include written, visual, or other forms of media.
• Works closely with executive team on evolving programs and developing new programs, and with the development team on grant/proposal development.
• Manages program budgets and coordinates with finance/operations teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in the non-profit sector, 2+ years supervisory experience, with experience in the environmental, media, and/or film space.
• Experience in leading and managing multiple cross-cutting programs, including collaborative work with multiple stakeholders. Experience with grantmaking, network-building, campaigning, and/or community organizing is a plus.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and the ability to be an effective and proactive team member and program representative.
• Excellent communication skills: writing, speaking, and listening, with an emphasis on clear and analytical writing ability.
• Ability to work both collaboratively and independently, prioritize multiple fast-paced projects effectively, and respond flexibly to growing teams and programs.
• Strong organizational and project management skills, ability to multi-task effectively, and demonstrate an understanding of the importance of time management, attention to detail, and follow-through.
• Must be a creative thinker and problem-solver, with capacity to become a thought leader in the field.
• A strong affinity with our mission of galvanizing environmental justice and regeneration using storytelling and film.
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position located at The Redford Center’s headquarters in The Presidio in San Francisco, California (with options to work from home during the pandemic). The salary range will be $77,000-93,000, commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience. We offer a flexible schedule and an excellent benefits package, including generous paid time off, 100% coverage of employees’ health, dental and vision insurance, commuting expense reimbursement, and participation in a 403b retirement plan.
The Redford Center strives for justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) and prioritizes these values in our organization, programming, and employment practices. JEDI is at the forefront of our strategy and culture, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, cultures, skills, and experiences, knowing that the more inclusive we are, the more successful we will be. We are an equal opportunity employer and Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and LBGTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter detailing your interest and experience to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Manager.”
- Hiring decisions will be made on a rolling basis, and applications are encouraged to be submitted before June 15, 2021.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405