Full-Time Program Coordinator
Bonsai Leadership Group is excited to support the Beyond Carbon Fund and Beyond Carbon Action Fund in the search to find its first Program Coordinator.
ABOUT BEYOND CARBON FUND AND BEYOND CARBON ACTION FUND
Beyond Carbon Fund is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. Beyond Carbon Action Fund is a project of Sixteen Thirty Fund (STF), a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization that helps nonprofit projects advocate for the change they are trying to make in the world. Beyond Carbon Fund and Beyond Carbon Action Fund are supported by Bloomberg Philanthropies.
The Beyond Carbon campaign is a nationwide initiative of Bloomberg Philanthropies aimed at ending our dependence on fossil fuels and advancing the transition to a 100% clean energy economy. Building off the success of Beyond Coal, the Beyond Carbon campaign provides quality data and research, works with state leaders to advance clean energy policy, and supports grassroots organizations and litigation efforts aimed at putting a halt to the expansion of methane gas plants. Beyond Carbon Fund and Beyond Carbon Action Fund are working with Beyond Carbon and advocates around the country to build on the leadership and climate progress underway in our states, cities, and communities to maximize the progress on climate change.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting grant-making efforts through project management, a strong understanding of relevant climate policy and issues, and building and maintaining a network of stakeholder relationships. This position requires extensive process and systems development for the successful completion of discrete projects and tasks from concept to implementation with an exceptional focus on quality, deadlines, timelines, work products, and project follow-through. With an emphasis on outstanding interpersonal skills, the Program Coordinator will represent Beyond Carbon with current and potential grantees and across all team functions to support grant-making and program efforts.
The Program Coordinator will be a collaborative, innovative, sophisticated professional with the entrepreneurial spirit required to support well- executed, highly impactful, and scalable programs. The successful candidate will bring a pragmatic, solutions-oriented approach with demonstrated skills in multi-stakeholder engagement, coordination, discretion, and a superior work ethic.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Monitor and evaluate grantee effectiveness by conducting rigorous due diligence through regular review and analysis of grantee reports and benchmarking.
- Ensure that all grant and major initiative efforts operate smoothly and efficiently.
- Compile and track grantee accomplishments.
- Identify and vet grantees and partner organizations in support of the Managing Director’s strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Track and execute scopes of work and deliverables from grants and/or contracts to deliver on key goals.
- Build and maintain relationships with key grantmaking partners to ensure they are kept up to date on program accomplishments and address questions in a timely manner.
- Participate in ongoing staff training on internal policies and procedures, process improvements, data integrity, due diligence, and compliance requirements relative to grants.
- Advance communications strategies, including regular reporting of grantee wins and achievements of project milestones.
- Track and report metrics and grant highlights for monthly updates to funders.
- Draft briefings, program reports, and project updates, in the form of memos, one-page summaries, and presentation slides that synthesize the programmatic work with other overflow needs of the organization.
- Serve as the external representative through familiarity with, and in response to, the needs of external partners and grantees, as well as field inquiries about funding and program priorities.
- Provide regular and on-call reporting on implementation, progress, and impact.
- Support organizational and informational needs associated with long-term consulting clients via regular emails and call scheduling.
- Schedule regular meetings and monitoring visits for the project and grant teams to support the programmatic needs of the organization.
MEETING & EVENT COORDINATION
- Coordinate calendars, call scheduling, meeting agendas, meeting notes, staff retreats, and travel for internal teams.
- Build attendee list, draft invitations, track responses, and communicate day-of logistics with confirmed attendees for all events.
- Manage venue selection for ad hoc meet-and-greets and networking events.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Lead additional projects with flexibility to changing project and program needs.
EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
Ideal candidates will have a background and resume that reflect the following:
- 5+ years of project management and coordination experience with mission-driven organizations in the climate or environmental, nonprofit, philanthropy, social enterprise, communications, policy, campaign, and/or government sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in climate, environment, policy, communications, media relations, or relevant field of study.
- Demonstrated passion for climate and environmental issues, advocacy, and politics.
- Deep understanding of legislative, federal, and state policy and an interest in current events that directly impact climate and environmental initiatives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including synthesizing information and translating big ideas into actionable plans.
- Demonstrated experience drafting memos, briefings, one-pagers, reports, and speeches that convey crucial information for both internal and external audiences.
- Proven success in building tracking systems for grantee accomplishments and other programmatic needs that increase the effectiveness for the team and partners.\
- Technical proficiency with program management software (i.e., Asana, Slack, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite, especially Teams and Excel.
- Ability to successfully administer and manage projects and grants with an exceptional focus on quality and project follow-through.
- Excels at working both collaboratively and independently with the ability to manage simultaneous projects and successfully prioritize multiple tasks.
- Energized by working within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment where flexibility in managing urgent requests and reprioritization is required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to participate in both strategic thinking and administrative tasks.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
5 – 10% of U.S.-based travel for staff retreats and programs
Remote (Southeast and Midwest United States would be a plus)
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $100,000 – $120,000 annually with an anticipated starting salary dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the hired candidate.
In addition, Beyond Carbon Fund and Beyond Carbon Action Fund offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families)
- Enrollment in 401(k) retirement plan with eligibility for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401(k) contributions
- Pre-tax transportation benefits
- Two hundred (200) hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave, annually
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Twelve (12) weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment
- Monthly cell phone and fitness reimbursements
How to Apply
Bonsai Leadership Group has been exclusively retained for this search. To make candidate recommendations or to express interest in this role, please email [email protected] and include “BC Program Coordinator” in the subject line. All applications must include a letter of interest and a resume.
This position will remain open until it is filled. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience. Applications will be screened against the criteria listed in this profile.
All nominations, inquiries, and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.