Full-Time Program Associate
Program Associate Full-time, San Francisco
ABOUT SUSTAINABLE CONSERVATION
Sustainable Conservation helps California thrive by uniting people to solve the toughest challenges facing our land, air, and water. Every day, we bring together business, landowners, and government to steward the resources on which we all depend in ways that make economic sense. Because we know that common ground is California’s most important resource. Please visit our website at www.suscon.org to learn more about our work.
We are seeking a Program Associate to provide critical support to key initiatives across our Water and Dairies programs. The Program Associate will manage and track administrative processes and deliverables, coordinate and schedule internal and external team meetings, and help build the foundation for all our reporting by managing information and transforming data to assess our progress and report on impacts to funders.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail and a desire to help small teams operate as efficiently and effectively as possible—all while advancing environmental solutions that are just and make economic sense. Specific content knowledge is not required, but an interest and background in any area of Natural Resources will help with learning and engagement.
The Program Associate will report to both the Director of Resource Stewardship and the Science and Analytics Manager.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & PROGRAM AREAS
GRAT (Groundwater Recharge Assessment Tool)– Please visit www.groundwaterrecharge.org for more information.
- Coordinate, schedule and attend internal and external team meetings, prepare and track agendas, organize and follow up on action items.
- Lead “Customer Success” efforts by acting as a liaison with GRAT customers on annual subscription service updates and enhancements, renewing subscription services agreement, conducting quarterly outreach to gauge customer and use case scenarios, listening for concerns, challenges and opportunities to report back to the GRAT team, and building rapport with GRAT user team, staying informed about potential staff changes in order to maintain continuity and assist new users.
- Manage internal efforts related to quarterly budget, dashboard, plus monthly invoice review and approval.
- As needed, work with GRAT website designer to update webpage 2-3 times per year, run Salesforce reports (e.g., opportunity pipeline).
GROUNDWATER RECHARGE, WATER EFFICIENCY & MANAGING DAIRY MANURE FOR CLEAN WATER
- Support program teams with entering, updating and organizing grower interview data in Survey Monkey, exporting/transferring data into Excel template(s); oversee and troubleshoot data processes as needed.
- Enter data from consultant reports into Excel template.
- Upload lab sample data to SharePoint (Office 365) and enter data into MS Access database.
CORE COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- High level organizational ability, coupled with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work with and keep track of multiple processes, tasks and deliverables.
- Aptitude and experience working with data, databases and information management.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and in a team; can be appropriately assertive when needed (see next bullet).
- Good people and communication skills, able to build rapport, make requests, identify and break through bottlenecks when needed.
- Experience coordinating and scheduling meetings, with ability to create agendas in collaboration with others, take meeting notes, track and follow up on decisions re next steps.
- Familiarity with SalesForce, MS Office 365/SharePoint not required but helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution, ideally in a natural resources or science background.
- Must be able to tolerate lengthy periods of keyboarding and mousing related to data entry work, as well as time spent looking at spreadsheets and computer screens
WHAT WE OFFER
A competitive compensation package based on experience, fully-paid health, dental and vision insurance benefits, generous match on 401k, vacation, sick leave, plus the week off between Christmas and New Year’s. Our culture supports a commitment to collaboration, encourages continuous learning, and welcomes diverse perspectives.