Full-Time Program Associate-Global Shapers
Department: Climate Speakers Network
Reports To: Director of Climate Speakers Network
Direct Reports: This position does not manage other positions
General Overview: The Climate Speakers Network (CSN) is a program of The Climate Reality Project that works with partners to train, support, and empower peer and professional messengers to use their own values and vocabulary to connect with climate change within their community. The Program Associate-Global Shaper’s primary role is to represent Climate Reality in a global partnership between CSN and the Global Shapers Community, an initiative of the World Economic Forum. Through this partnership, CSN trains and supports Global Shapers across the world in climate education and the creation and implementation of climate projects in their local communities.
This is a one-year position with the potential of extension based on funding renewal.
This position can be based in the Washington DC office or remote if you reside in the following states: CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NC, OR, PA, TN, and VA.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific additional duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Managing contact and relations between Global Shaper Community staff and CSN.
• Creating and leading development of training curriculum for CSN trainings conducted for the Global Shapers including research and design.
• Event management of CSN logistics for events hosted by the Global Shaper Community, and for Global Shaper activities at Climate Reality events.
• Traveling to and co-presenting at Global Shaper events around the world and/or online.
• Overseeing day-of event management for Global Shapers at Climate Reality events.
• Managing post-event follow-up and ongoing engagement efforts with Global Shapers trained through Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings.
• Providing project consulting and support to Shaper hubs around the world.
• Empowering and enabling Shaper grant projects, including recruitment, application review, follow-ups, and reporting.
• Providing recommendations to senior management regarding organizational partnership strategy and direction.
• Recommending tools, materials, and tactics to monitor and evaluate the success of the Global Shaper partnership.
• Maintaining strong data management practices and supporting the development of program metrics and analysis.
• Supporting other CSN events and initiatives as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 1 to 2 years’ experience in non-profit, advocacy, and/or campaigns.
• Experience and awareness of cultural diversity, ability to work effectively with a diverse group of organizations and volunteers.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to manage deadlines, work independently, and multi-task with close attention to detail.
• Prior international experience preferred.
• Prior experience with Salesforce preferred.
• A dedication to solving the climate crisis and commitment to climate justice.