Full-Time Program Associate
Program Associate | Full Time | Based in Brookline, MA
Reports to Director, Venture Portfolio
About Growald Climate Fund
We are a high-impact venture global philanthropy fund catalyzing the rapid transition to a clean energy future. We believe that philanthropy plays a key role in nurturing new climate solutions, supporting a vibrant and growing civil society, and promoting objective research and analysis for use by governments and key partners.
About the Role
The Program Associate will manage a diverse and rich portfolio of tasks and responsibilities. From working with grantees, to researching new and innovative funding areas, to supporting the completion of the annual impact report, this role is a deep dive into the field of venture philanthropy and climate philanthropy. This position reports to the Director, Venture Portfolio and is roughly divided into four practice areas.
You are passionate about climate justice and the global transition to clean energy. Your professional experience may include climate research, project management with multiple stakeholders, report writing, and/or data analysis. Ideally, you have spent time working in emerging economies. You are ready to jump into a wide range of tasks and responsibilities with agility, flexibility and focus. You are able to be a support and resource-person, while also taking leadership of projects when necessary.
- Support the Venture team in portfolio analytics including analysis, data visualizations and continual improvement of impact data tracking systems.
- Engage on improved grantee experience and support for grantmaking process improvements.
- Assist in Docket development, from drafting to proofreading.
- Lead on in-person Venture-related convenings (such as for grantees).
- Support overall logistics of the Venture team from assistance with meetings coordination to managing grantee platforms (i.e. Signal groups, etc), as well as other cross-pillar tasks as needed.
- Act as the key support role for GCF Venture grantee leads and program staff.
- Support the grants management cycle by tracking all grant requirements and liaising with leads to make sure all touchpoints and reports are done in time.
- Support pipeline management for prospective venture grantees, register ideas and potential grantees and organize information so it can be inputted into GivingData, our grants management system.
- Support work on our annual impact report, including survey development and delivery, collating and analyzing grantee data.
- Lead on internal and external communications material such as powerpoint development for grantee and other pillar related needs.
- Support in creation and project-management of reports and strategic documents for Growald board and philanthropic partners.
- Conduct landscape mapping and strategic recommendations for emergent themes and key geographies, as needed.
- Lead scoping and contracting of key research products with external NGOs and consultants, where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a Masters Degree preferred
- At least two to three years of relevant experience, preferably within the power sector, environmental or sustainability work, or climate mitigation.
- A passion for and commitment to climate justice.
- Self-starter able to work independently while identifying moments for effective collaboration.
- Attention to detail; motivated by working through the little details to achieve larger outcomes; conducts regular maintenance work within systems.
- Experience project-managing complex reports including collating data and impact metrics.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and proven ability to produce high-quality written materials.
- Speedy and adept at learning new tech programs and softwares; self-sufficient at acquiring new skills and applying those to support the team.
- Collaborative, nimble, and able to support the team in diverse ways.
- Experience working cross-culturally and with people from diverse backgrounds and languages.
- Creative, solutions-oriented do-er with proven ability to to come up with solutions, whether they are to implement systems or when adapting to hurdles.
- Preferred: Experience working internationally in climate and energy.
- Preferred: Fluency in one or more of the 6 United Nations Languages.
- Preferred: Some graphic design experience, or presentation design know-how.
- Ideally, you have spent time working in emerging economies.
Benefits & Organizational Culture
We have a dynamic and agile organizational culture and we’re serious about supporting our people to thrive. Read more about our organizational culture here.
- This is a full-time role based at our Brookline, MA office.
- Flexible work policy: flex hours and opportunity to work from home two days / week.
- 401(k) retirement plan with 6% employer match
- 100% employer paid health and dental coverage
- Four weeks of PTO plus eleven days of paid holidays
- Annual allowance for professional development activities
- Coaching and management support with regular 1:1 meetings
- Performance reviews and feedback to support you and the team to reflect and grow
- A co-developed initial three month work plan to help you hit the ground running and have clarity on your role and responsibilities
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the power of a diverse community and strongly encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States. All Growald employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Additionally, CDC Boosters shots are highly recommended.
The salary range for this position is $70,000-80,000
Growald Climate Fund offers competitive salaries annually benchmarked against a thousand other philanthropic non profit grant making foundations. The Salary Band for this position is $70,000-$80,000. Please apply or contact [email protected] to speak with our recruiter about compensation! Benefits include 100% employer paid medical and dental care, generous allowances including professional development, commuter, and work from home, an employer matched retirement plan, 13 holidays, 20-25 days of vacation, and additional paid time off including sick and parental leave. Growald offers flexible working hours, and our location in Brookline (in Boston’s backyard) was recently ranked 16th in the top 25 best places for families to live!
Location: This position is based in Brookline, MA, and is hybrid, 2-3 days/week.
Please fill out the application questions on this page and attach your resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
This search is being led by NRG Consulting Group. Please reach out to [email protected] with any questions.