Full-Time Program Associate
The Keith Campbell Foundation for the Environment is excited to announce the new position of Program Associate for the Chesapeake Initiative and has launched a call for applications to fill the position. This is an environmental grantmaking and professional development opportunity with a starting annual salary of $64,000 and generous benefits.
Now funding in the Chesapeake Bay watershed for 24 years, The Keith Campbell Foundation for the Environment was established to improve the conditions of America’s largest estuary system: the Chesapeake and Atlantic Coastal Bays. The Campbell Foundation seeks to identify, broaden and strengthen leadership and community based organizations to protect living resources in and around the Bay.
Convinced of the lifestyle and economic benefits offered by a thriving Chesapeake Bay system, Keith Campbell as founder and Chairman has focused The Campbell Foundation on engaging others in partnership to build support for a healthy Bay. Partnerships with grantees and key stakeholders remain a focal point in delivering on The Campbell Foundation’s mission.
Click here to apply.
The Program Associate will work closely with the Program Strategist to advance the Foundation’s conservation objectives, primarily within the Agriculture portfolio. This portfolio focuses on supporting actions that advance water quality and other environmental outcomes while supporting an economically and socially healthy agricultural sector.
The Associate will support all aspects of the grant life cycle, including evaluation of proposals, conducting due diligence, reviewing budgets and financial information, and building and maintaining internal and external relationships. The position will report to the Chief of Staff, Anna Lindgren.
The Associate will also be instrumental in supporting the Agriculture portfolio’s Capacity Building Program, helping to drive the evolution and sustainability of our Chesapeake grantees.
Our work culture is collaborative, and we welcome contributions, ideas and criticisms around our grantmaking. We actively solicit feedback from staff on all aspects of the process. This position can play an active role in improving grantmaking for practitioners in the field.
Chief of Staff
Remote, but candidate should be located in the Mid-Atlantic region to accommodate frequent participation with in-person meetings in Annapolis, MD, Lancaster, PA and the Delmarva Peninsula. Office space at The Campbell Foundation, Annapolis office is also available if a hybrid work environment is preferred.
FTE Status/Hours per week
Full-time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt
$64,000.00 per year/hourly
There are many fantastic benefits to a career at The Campbell Foundation. In addition to working to effect positive change for the Chesapeake Bay and in the lives and economy of millions of people in the region, The Campbell Foundation offers exceptional benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, HSA account, wellness reimbursement, employer contributions to a 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, and state of the art technology tools.
Primary Job Duties, Roles, and Responsibilities
Grants Management and Processing
Under the supervision of the Chief of Staff
- Assure that due diligence is complete, and that grants and other charitable activities include complete financial materials
- Review and evaluate grant proposals and supporting documentation for completeness and adherence to form terminology
- Prepare analysis of grantee budgets and other financial information based on the Foundation’s need to understand the financial health and sustainability of the organizations
- Serve as a contact point for grantees, including providing feedback and requesting revisions on grant materials
- Present assigned grants during monthly grant briefings
- Properly document all information pertinent to the grants cycle, due diligence and grants decision making
- Participate in weekly Operations Team meetings to collaborate on improving the grantmaking and grantseeking process
- On an annual basis, assist the Chesapeake team in developing and presenting a Chesapeake grants budget
- Assist with convening of meetings and workshops in cooperation with grantees and other funders as necessary
In collaboration with the Program Strategist
- Integrate advice and recommendations from the Program Strategist into grant materials and portfolio development
- Collaborate with Program Strategist on grants, including meeting and communicating jointly with grantees and partners
- Remain aware of emerging issues, policies, programs, and organizations that may affect our ability to achieve strategic objectives
- Represent the Foundation and actively engage with farmers, conservation groups, industry, government representatives, and funding partners
- Identify potential new partners on the Delmarva Peninsula and Lancaster, PA; assess technologies and concepts that advance conservation and farm viability, and other priorities assigned
- Become immersed in understanding agricultural conservation including management techniques, institutions involved and working collaboratively with farmers
How to Apply
- Deadline to Apply is 5 pm Pacific Time, Friday, October 14, 2022.
- If you want to join an exceptional, focused family foundation as a Program Associate, please apply here: https://the-campbell-foundation.breezy.hr/p/59488c4c3152/apply
- Process: A questionnaire/skills test/video submission, quiz, interview, proposal review, references and background/credit check will be required of candidates for this position that advance through the process for consideration.