Full-Time Program Associate (Remote or based in Boston or San Francisco office)
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit: www.ceres.org.
About the Position
The Associate supports the team’s programmatic work and external partner engagement activities in integrating sustainability into core business strategies. We seek an energetic, highly motivated, self-starter to play a critical programmatic and administrative support role, both internally and externally. This job is a full-time position that is remote or may be based in the Boston, MA office or San Francisco, CA office.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Support external partner engagements, using project management skills for planning, logistics, scheduling, note taking, and memo drafting, amongst other tasks.
· Conduct research and analysis, including benchmarking performance, writing briefs and memos, and creating presentations with associated speaking notes.
· Assist with special projects for external partners or potential new partners
· Participate in the facilitation of team meetings, working with team leadership and team assistant to set meeting agendas and ensure follow up.
· Support team planning, goal setting, and impact tracking, working in concert with workstream leads.
· Support Salesforce data entry and report creation, contact list management, and other information needs, as requested.
· Coordinate with other program teams, Innovation & Evaluation, and department teams, as needed to accomplish team and organizational objectives.
· Attend internal and external meetings, as assigned, in order to take notes, identify next steps, and ensure follow-through of activities to completion.
· Assist team in roll out and distribution activities for key reports and special projects.
· Provide event and development activity support, including conducting research, drafting speaking points and/or presentations, and attending meetings, as needed.
· Assist with planning, coordination, and logistics for Ceres annual conference and other organization-wide events.
· Travel to meetings and events as required, when safe business travel is possible.
- Minimum of 18 months, full-time, professional experience demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and project management abilities.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, both environmental and social sustainability issues, particularly understanding of the role of business, the investment community, and/or NGOs.
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation, and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound judgment and high level of integrity and professionalism, with an ability to manage confidential information and maintain discretion, diplomacy, and courtesy in all contacts.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent research and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work proactively, both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database, email, and presentation programs (particularly Google and Office suites).
- Familiarity with Salesforce, a plus.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
Compensation: The salary range is $49,000 to $52,000 and pairs with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply through our website at https://www.ceres.org/careers/opportunities. We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.