Full-Time Program Associate
Driven by a passion to solve the climate crisis, we are a team of experienced change-makers, researchers and communications professionals with a mission to scale social movements to drive the global transition beyond fossil fuels. We have developed a unique model of grant making and campaigning that supports networks of organizations to drive powerful change towards our mission.
We have a dynamic and nimble organizational culture and we’re serious about supporting our people to thrive. We move fast and lean into the urgency of the climate challenge.
We believe that a diversity of experiences and perspectives will help us build stronger strategies, teams and movements. We strongly encourage First Nations people, people of color, people living outside of cities, and people with disability and talents to apply. We are continually working on becoming a better workplace for everyone.
You are a seriously well-organized person, a lateral thinker and a problem-solver who brings order to chaos, loves making people’s lives easy and has an eagle eye for detail. You are passionate about supporting a global team that is campaigning to shift finance out of fossil fuels.
About The Role
Our Investor Program is a global campaign focused on shifting investors to drive action on climate by some of the world’s biggest and most-polluting companies.
The Sunrise Project is looking for a Program Associate to join our Investor Program team to help accelerate the shift of global capital out of fossil fuels.
This is a new role to support our growing team to run smooth logistics for our meetings and events, to ensure that our finance processes are running efficiently and accurately, and that our hiring and onboarding systems set new team members up for success.
1. Project management for team and campaign meetings and events:
- Manage key team and campaign events.
- Source and organize appropriate venues, travel options and catering services.
- Source and organize communications and other equipment and services.
- Assist with scheduling of partner meetings.
- Produce summary notes and action points of meetings and events.
- Liaise with meeting participants.
2. Budgets and HR:
- Assist with preparation and monitoring of budgets, and with grant management.
- Assist with drafting content for contracts and with contract request process
- Support our partners through the grant application process.
- Assist with the preparation of funder reports.
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding processes for new team members.
3. Program communications support:
- Support Investor teams in producing or working with contractors to produce visually compelling materials including powerpoint decks, social media assets, grant proposals, etc
- Find documents and contacts;
- Take on other small research assignments
- Identify requirements for equipment, merchandise and services, source suitable suppliers, get quotes, assess options and make recommendations
- Be the “early adopter” and team expert on how to use software solutions most effectively
Required skills and experience
- At least 2 years experience in an equivalent role;
- Experience with fulfilling basic administrative tasks, organizing events or managing other projects, designing basic documents and carrying out online research;
- Ability to show initiative and work proactively, and also able to collaborate in a team;
- Ability to quickly get acquainted with new software solutions;
- A passion for action on climate change and a commitment to social justice;
- Willingness to learn about finance and investment, as it relates to climate change;
- Fluent in English.
If you meet some but not all of the criteria for this position, are unsure, but you’re keen on the role – please get in touch. We value and recognize experience that has been unpaid, from the grassroots or is lived experience.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the US. East coast timezone is preferred. Eligible candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Depending on experience (including unpaid and other experiences) and capacity to take on responsibility,the salary range is $57,741 – $70,000.
We are committed to creating a workplace that supports our staff to do their best work and develop professionally. We have the following in place to help us achieve that:
- 401(k) & employer match
- 100% employer paid health, vision and dental coverage
- Four weeks of paid vacation leave
- Birthday leave (if it’s your birthday, you get a day off)
- Cultural & solidarity leave
- 12 weeks parental leave after 12 months of service
- Commitment to supporting to your professional development
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Coaching and management support with regular 1:1 meetings
- Performance reviews and feedback to support you and the team to reflect and grow
- A co-developed initial 3 month work plan to help you hit the ground running and have clarity on your role and responsibilities
- Flexible work policy
- All employees of Windward Fund are required to complete timesheets
Statement from our US Fiscal Sponsor Windward Fund
Sunrise US is a project of Windward Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. Our work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
How to Apply
- In our commitment to inclusive hiring of the best candidates, we use the Be Applied hiring system to process applications. Applications will close on July 20th, 2021 at 11:59 pst. Please apply via this link. [https://app.beapplied.com/apply/tw4m5agtbg]
- The Be Applied system reduces the opportunity for unconscious bias by ensuring anonymized reviews of responses to work sample questions. This means we assess candidates on how well they answer several questions to demonstrate specific skills and approaches related to the role you are applying for. You may attach a CV but there is no requirement to submit a cover letter. Again, you will be evaluated based on an anonymous review of your answers to the application questions. When you click on the link you will be taken to a site to start your application.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405