Program and Grant Manager Position, Holistic Management International, Supervisor: Executive Director
Holistic Management International (HMI): Since 1984, HMI has helped communities grow and thrive by educating family farmers and ranchers and pastoralists in regenerative agricultural practices that empower them to strengthen their businesses, produce healthier food, improve local wildlife habitats and protect the environment. Our mission is to envision and realize healthy, resilient lands and thriving communities by serving people in the practice of Holistic Decision Making & Management.
This Program Manager position is 3/4-time position (negotiable) focused on management of various HMI programs and grant development, oversight, and reporting. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly take on their assigned duties in our small, highly productive, virtual office setting. We work with an international audience, although most of our programming is online or place-based in the U.S.
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant program and grant role in nonprofit, education, agricultural, or other related field
- Experience leading, planning, and managing programs and projects in an entrepreneurial, customer service-oriented setting
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop new programming with diverse stakeholder engagement
- Transparent and high integrity work ethic
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting at the program and project level
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, collaborating, program development, and task facilitation
- Ability to deliver on HMI’s mission and culture through program implementation and collaboration with our partners including board, Certified Educators, volunteers and donors
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exacting attention to detail
- Use of Microsoft Office products, Zoom, Google Suite, and WordPress commensurate with the demands of the position.
- A Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Holistic Management training and/or practice strongly preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities
Program Management & Support
- Program development
- eLearning program support and reporting
- Program implementation and tracking
- Post-Event oversight including: multi-media collection and archiving, evaluations, event reports, financial reporting, registration list, certificate checklist, and working with Programs Assistant to archive all information for events
- Scholarship application evaluation and selection, along with tracking of those receiving scholarships
- Assist prospective customers in selection of available programs
- Provide customers with quotes
- Write blogs and articles on online and placed based training events.
Grant Management & Support
- Grant development and writing for current funder portfolio
- Developing grant budgets
- Grant tracking and reporting, including oversight of income and expenditures reported by bookkeeping staff
- Overall Annual Impact reporting
- Tracking restricted accounts from funders as part of overall financial reporting, including scholarship funds.
- Reviewing and helping to submit all budgets and proposals to various funders.
- Follow up with participants in programs to make sure evaluations and testimonials are completed for grant reporting.
- Writing grant reports and blogs to highlight results of grant funded programs.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary (dependent on skills and experience)
- $250/month Stipend toward group healthcare plan.
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability, etc.)
- 403 (b) savings program
- Generous time off program includes 18 days of holidays plus 12 hours/month sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Healthcare Flexible Spending Account and flex-time.)
HMI is an equal opportunity employer