Full-Time Production Supervisor
Organically Grown Company is seeking a full time Production Supervisor for our Repack Department in our Portland, OR facility. Founded in 1978, Organically Grown Company (OGC) is the largest organic produce distributor in the Pacific Northwest. From locations in Oregon and Washington, OGC works with more than 300 growers and vendors to market and distribute produce to over 500 retail, wholesale and restaurant customers throughout the greater Pacific Northwest and beyond. OGC has been recognized as a leader in sustainable business practices including sourcing 100% renewable energy in facilities, operating our own Clean Air certified truck fleet, and supporting fair trade and charitable giving.
This position is primarily responsible for:
- Provide regular employee feedback on performance and key metrics.
- Collaborate with our QA Production Manager to create and implement development plans for all Production coworkers.
- Maintain an accurate Production Department schedule in order to meet OGC’s business needs.
- Coordinate Payroll and PTO needs for Production coworkers in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the ordering, orienting and management of temporary staffing personnel.
- Develop and maintain applicable SOPs for Production department processes and procedures.
- Complete regular reporting on department metrics.
- Supervise the daily performance of Repack operations.
- Ensure that our operations comply with Company policy, as well as state and federal regulations regarding workplace safety, food safety, transportation safety and employment laws.
- Ensure that all policies are administered in a fair and equitable manner.
- Properly report all accidents and ensure that all coworkers receive proper safety training.
- Support the Small Fruit Packing Line and other Production initiatives, as directed.
- Maintain good manufacturing practices (GMP) and Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards.
- Actively seek out areas for improvement and facilitate Continuous Improvement (CI) throughout the department.
- Exemplify OGC’s 5 Core attitudes and behaviors, acting in the best interest of OGC and our stakeholder.
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience in production, quality control, inventory maintenance, warehousing, or materials management.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Experience effectively coaching and delivering feedback.
- Experience maintaining GFSI compliance requirements.
- Understanding of post-harvest produce handling, quality, grading, and seasonal fluctuations.
- High attention to detail and ability to focus for extended periods of time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of safe warehouse operating practices and procedures.
- Ability to safely operate warehouse equipment, such as forklifts, rider jacks, etc.
- Ability to learn, use and train others on a variety of mass market and proprietary software applications.
- Experience maintaining compliance with Federal Organics Standards preferred.
- Experience with enterprise resource planning software and warehouse management system applications preferred.
- English and Spanish bilingual preferred.
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Company Paid Life & Disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Access to 401(k) with Employer Match
- Access to free and discounted delicious organic produce
- Lots of other perks!
OGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.