Full-Time Product Services Coordinator
SMUD will be making one hire from this posting to support the Commercial Team, within the Advanced Energy Solutions (AES) department. The AES group supports SMUD’s 2030 Clean Energy Vision reach its carbon reduction goals, by transforming the transportation industry towards electric vehicles, Commercial & Industrial (C&I) buildings stock towards electrification and load reduction (Demand Response).
This position will be responsible for delivering commercial distributed energy resource programs. The successful candidate will support SMUD’s commercial load flexibility program’s that are primarily used for contributing toward our capacity needs.
The intent of this job posting is to fill one (1) current vacancy and establish an eligibility list which may be used to fill current and future, permanent and limited-term, vacancies for up to two (2) years. You must clearly demonstrate, on your resume, that you possess the knowledge, skills and experience required in the minimum qualifications listed in this posting.
Performs implementation and management of multiple, complex programs and processes, which may include contract development and administration, technical and marketing expertise, as well as coordination and interface with customers, vendors, contractors, and other market actors for SMUD customer programs and services.
Nature and Scope: This is the advanced journey level resource within the Product Services Coordinator class series. This class is distinguished from the Product Service Specialist by the higher level of complexity, difficulty and level of tasks assigned and Lead role responsibilities.
Regular – Full Time
No. of Openings
Pay Scale Group
Base Salary Annual Low
Base Salary Annual High
Initial Review, Qualifications Interview, Follow-Up Interview, Reference Check, Background Check
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and executes implementation plans and goals for multiple products and services including energy efficiency, low-income, customer service, solar, electric vehicle, load management and/or fee-based products and services; develops program implementation policies and procedures for contractors and staff; establishes new and/or manages existing business processes to support product and/or service business functions within identified standards.
- Establishes program and/or service budgets and relevant program performance metrics; monitors and prepares product or service performance reports; prepares monthly and quarterly budget reports with summaries of variances and forecasted budget and metrics.
- Develops and executes marketing plans for products and services including advertising and communications strategies and tactics; formulates a marketing forecast; coordinates and approves development of product and/or service marketing materials.
- Provides effective customer service and promotes internal/external partner relations to ensure customer satisfaction; represents SMUD as a point-of-contact for rebate and direct-install programs by handling customer inquiries and complaints; interacts with contractors, dealers/distributors, vendors and SMUD staff to resolve customer issues and/or solve potential or real program problems; coordinates with local and state government agencies for exchange of information and compliance with policy and government regulations.
- Provides technical support services by researching and sustaining knowledge, as applicable, of current energy techniques, systems and equipment related to energy efficiency programs; prepares and disseminates information on energy efficient systems, equipment and materials, low-income product and services, customer service offerings, solar, electric vehicle, load management and/or fee-based products and services; reviews and updates SMUD specifications related to materials and installation requirements; reviews contractor submittals and contract terms for technical accuracy and code compliance; provides technical training to contractors, dealers, vendors and SMUD staff.
- Observes all SMUD safety procedures and practices by attending assigned safety classes; conducts all business and dealings in a safe manner; ensures that SMUD and governmental safety regulations are implemented in all assigned energy efficiency, low-income, customer service, solar, electric vehicle, load management and/or fee-based products and services and related operations and documentation.
- Coordinates daily program operations and the delivery of products or services to the customer; administers service contracts and agreements to support programs; oversees fulfillment of orders for products and/or services; maintains control of equipment and supplies; ensures product and/or service quality control.
- Solicits, negotiates, and manages contracts for delivery of services and program and compliance with program requirements; develops contractor participation and installation standards as applicable; monitors and establishes contractor compliance status based on performance, customer and staff input.
- Plans, coordinates, prioritizes, monitors, and guides work activities with assigned employees to meet established task objectives and deadlines by following established policies and procedures; assists in selecting and orienting new personnel; assists in evaluating work performance results; participates as a team member in accomplishing objectives; refers problems to supervision where solutions are not readily achievable.
- Assists in administering the department budget by participating in planning, monitoring and revising schedules, work plans, expenditures and assignments.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field is desirable.
Experience: Five (5) or more years of progressively responsible, relevant experience that includes managing and implementing customer/consumer programs; marketing, coordinating cooperative efforts between various stakeholders, such as internal groups, customer segments and contractors; evaluating and resolving policy and technical issues; making presentations to customers, management and various agencies; and performing business administration and cost control practices and procedures. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is considered equivalent to 2 years of experience. An advanced degree in a related field is considered equivalent to an additional year of experience.
Knowledge Of: Operational characteristics, services, financial and administrative functions, and activities of customer/consumer product and services programs; principles of mechanical and electrical processes related to HVAC, lighting, motors, refrigeration, solar equipment, electric vehicles, demand response equipment, energy management and control systems, and manufacturing processes as applicable; techniques and practices for cost benefit analyses; methods and techniques of contract negotiation and administration; procedures and practices for overseeing contractors/consultants work activities; principles and practices for market research, forecasting, advertising and communications; principles and practices of program and project development, management and best practices; principles and practices for budget administration; methods and techniques used in customer service and public relations: pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations; office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases; English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Skill To: Participate in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating assigned programs, projects, events, or technical area; respond to and resolve customer issues, concerns and needs; perform responsible and difficult programmatic and administrative duties involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative; participate in the development and administration of program goals, objectives and procedures; learn and understand the organization and operation of SMUD, assigned program, and of outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities; understand, interpret, and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures as well as pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations; organize and prioritize timelines and project schedules in an effective and timely manner; analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals; plan, schedule, and review the work and performance of contractors; participate in the preparation and administration of budgets; operate and use office equipment including a computer and various software packages; communicate effectively orally and in writing internally/externally; establish and maintain effective working relationships internally/externally.
- Advanced technical or industry sustainability knowledge
- Experience in development of Electric Vehicle Service Equipment (EVSE), Energy Efficiency (EE) or Fuel Switching, Building Electrification (BE) or Demand Reduction projects
- Development of Requests for Proposal (RFP)
- Contract Management
- Management of contractors or vendors
- Managing a budget and developing forecasts
- Project management
- Tracking and maintaining program performance indicators through enterprise-level software tools
- Contractor recruitment and program sales
- Knowledge of Building Energy Management Systems
Applicants must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The health and wellbeing of our employees and our community is our top priority. SMUD follows CDC guidance and adheres to all local, county and state orders. To this end, if you are scheduled to come on a SMUD campus, you will need to monitor your health (ensuring your temperature is below 100.4° and you’re free of COVID-19 symptoms), wear a face covering, and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
50095463 PRODUCT SVCS COORD
Additional Posting Info for Candidate
Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) – Who We Are
As the nation’s sixth-largest community-owned electric service provider, we’re proud of our reputation as one of the best places to work in Sacramento. Our employees tell us in our engagement surveys they’re “Happy, satisfied and engaged” which helps create a workplace that best serves our customers.
Sacramento was named as the 2nd happiest place to work in America by Forbes Magazine. Lake Tahoe, San Francisco and the world-renowned Napa Valley are within easy driving distance of our locations.
California Equal Pay Act
Diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are a part of who we are and how we do things. Supporting efforts that promote pay equality is part of that. Salary placement for the selected candidate will be determined in alignment with the California Equal Pay Act or the applicable MOU. Determination for salary placement of internal candidates will be made without respect to current classification or compensation, and will be based upon the candidate’s qualifications as compared to those performing substantially similar work. In the event there is a guaranteed pay progression outlined in an applicable MOU, the MOU takes precedence.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
SMUD respects, values and celebrates the unique attributes, characteristics and perspectives that make each person who they are. Diversity and inclusion are guiding principles to deliver a culture that reflects the broader values of the community and our customers. Our Board’s policy for Employee Relation sets our commitment to developing and maintaining a high quality, inclusive workplace that engages and inspires employees to commit to SMUD’s purpose, vision and values.
Why Sacramento, California?
The capitol of California, Sacramento is the state’s sixth-largest city, and the 35th largest in the U.S. Local universities include California State University, University of the Pacific’s McGeorge School of Law, and the University of California, Davis and several competitive community colleges. The UC Davis Medical Center, a world-renowned research hospital, is one of more than a dozen hospitals and shared services centers in the Sacramento region. Part of the agriculturally-rich Central Valley, Sacramento is at the forefront of the farm-to-fork food movement. Northern California is home to some of the country’s top technology companies, including Google and LinkedIn, and a multitude of startups in many industries. Sacramento is home to the NBA Kings, the River Cats (AAA baseball), the Republic FC (soccer) and the San Francisco Giants, NBA Warriors and NFL 49er’s aren’t far away. Sacramento offers an affluent liberal arts community with Broadway, Mondavi Center, Crocker Museum and summer musical theater to name a few.
To apply, please visit: smud.org/careers