Full-Time Procurement and Contracts Optimization Manager
Summary of Functions:
The mission of the Colorado Energy Office (CEO) is to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and consumer energy costs by advancing clean energy, energy efficiency, and zero emission vehicles (ZEV) to benefit all Coloradans. We do this by developing and implementing highly impactful policies and programs, establishing Colorado as a leading state for climate action.
A critical strategy to reduce emissions in Colorado is electrifying the transportation sector – cars, trucks, buses, and bicycles. Colorado has the fifth highest market share for electric vehicles (EVs) in the country, but we have a long way to go to reach our goal of 940,000 EVs on the road by 2030. To achieve this aggressive goal, we provide direct funding for installation of charging stations across Colorado, so drivers can get anywhere in the state in an EV. We also support incentives to purchase EVs, advocate for improved electricity rates that make it cheaper to own an EV, and provide education and technical support to consumers and fleets on the environmental and financial benefits of EVs.
Thanks to State and Federal legislation, Colorado stands to receive a significant amount of funding to accelerate transportation electrification. This presents a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to help ensure that CEO’s efforts lead to real and measurable change. The Procurement and Contracts Optimization Manager is a new position that will work with program staff to develop and implement programming that is impactful, efficient to administer, and enhances the applicant experience. The position will work with staff to develop and implement processes that create consistency across transportation programs while also driving thoughtful process improvements that are responsive to the needs of staff and program participants. Candidates for this position should demonstrate a high level of initiative and attention to detail, the ability to perform under a high degree of autonomy, and manage multiple procurement and contracting processes simultaneously.
CEO is committed to increasing the diversity of our staff and providing culturally responsive programs and services. Therefore, we encourage responses from people of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Description of Job
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with program staff to develop solicitation documents for all grant programs that are clear, transparent, and easy to navigate, and facilitate the solicitation process including application review and award decisions.
- Work with program staff and CEO’s procurement and operations staff to facilitate formal procurement, ensuring all activities adhere to all State of Colorado procurement rules.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with contractors and grantees on all contractual matters by issuing award letters, initiating the contracting process, leading discussions on contract modifications, and preparing project scopes.
- Work with program staff to develop policies and procedures for each program, ensuring they remain current as programs evolve, and assist in the implementation of new accounting policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Monitor and track projects through close-out including deliverables and timelines, work with program staff to facilitate amendments and extensions to initial terms, and periodically review vendor and grantee invoices for accuracy and adherence to project terms and requirements.
- Ensure compliance with and reporting for all programmatic funding sources and facilitate invoicing for grant funding provided by other State agencies.
- Identify issues and opportunities for improvement with grant and formal procurement, contracting, invoicing, and project close-out and implement solutions in order to improve program delivery.
- Work with program staff to develop consistency in contracting language, scopes of work for grant and formal procurement, invoicing, and reporting.
- Work with program staff to create and run reports from SalesForce that assist in efficient management of POs, contracts, and budgets, and identify opportunities for improvement.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Minimum of three years professional experience in procurement, contracting, or accounting – State contracting and procurement experience a plus.
- Preferred experience to include managing grants and grant-funded programs, project and contract management experience, developing and tracking budgets, and reporting
- Knowledge of electric and zero emission vehicles, charging infrastructure a plus
- Experience working with SalesForce a plus
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented to ensure consistent application of policies
- Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills
- High level of initiative and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent computer skills including the Microsoft Office and Google suite
A cover letter and resume must be submitted with the application for consideration. Your cover letter and resume must provide sufficient detail about your background and experience to allow the screening panel to properly assess your experience in the required elements, including your experience and achievements.
The State of Colorado/Office of the Governor offers a generous benefits package including:
- Retirement benefits including PERA Defined Benefit Plan or PERA Defined Contribution Plan*, plus optional 401(k) and 457 plans – https://www.copera.org/
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage – including extensive prescription drug coverage (many preventive medications covered at no cost)
- Wellness programs – participation can reduce employee premiums
- Automatic Short-Term and Optional Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) job protection and State of Colorado Paid Family Medical Leave (PFML)
- 11 Paid Holidays Annually and Accrued Annual and Sick Leave
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Variety of discounts on services and products available through the State of Colorado’s Work-Life Employment Discount Program
- Access to the Colorado State Employee Assistance Program (CSEAP): offers confidential mental health counseling, professional coaching, employee mediation, 24/7 crisis support
- Free RTD EcoPass to all eligible State Employees
- Training and professional development opportunities, including reduced college tuition through CSU Global
- Credit Union of Colorado Membership Eligibility
- Flexible work from home and work from office options
To learn more about State of Colorado benefits, please visit the state’s benefits portal: https://www.colorado.gov/dhr/benefits.
*For information on mandatory employee salary deferral (in lieu of contribution to Social Security), see COPERA for details: https://www.copera.org/member-contribution-rates
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
The State of Colorado believes that equity, diversity, and inclusion drive our success, and we encourage candidates from all identities, backgrounds, and abilities to apply. The State of Colorado is an equal opportunity employer committed to building inclusive, innovative work environments with employees who reflect our communities and enthusiastically serve them. Therefore, in all aspects of the employment process, we provide employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, creed, ancestry, national origin, marital status, genetic information, or military status (with preference given to military veterans), or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
The Office of the Governor is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, our agency will assist individuals who have a disability with any reasonable accommodation requests related to employment, including completing the application process, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, participating in the employee selection process, and/or to perform essential job functions where the requested accommodation does not impose an undue hardship. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodation to ensure you have a positive experience applying or interviewing for this position, please direct your inquiries to our ADAAA Staffing Coordinator (the Director of Human Resources) at [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
Applicants must pass a thorough background check prior to employment.
Effective September 20, 2021, employees will be required to attest to and verify that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and may be required to submit to regular serial testing. Upon hire, new employees will have three (3) business days to provide attestation to their Covid-19 vaccination status with proof of vaccination. Testing, if required, will take place in-person and will be considered paid work time.
Note: Fully Vaccinated means two (2) weeks after a second dose in a two-dose series of the COVID-19 vaccine, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two (2) weeks after the single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, all as defined by the State of Colorado’s Public Health Order and guidance issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment.
How to Apply
- Application deadline June 20.
- Please apply directly to the original posting on Government Jobs in order to be considered for this position at this link.
- Or send your resume and credentials to [email protected], specifying the job title in your subject line (Procurement and Contracts Optimization Manager).