Full-Time Presentations Associate
General Overview: The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore, is dedicated to leading a global movement demanding immediate action on the climate crisis by using cutting-edge communications and grassroots strategies to educate the public about the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis and to activate the public to support actions that address the climate crisis.
Position Summary: The Presentations Associate is responsible for managing the vetting, organizing, updating, and releasing of Keynote and PowerPoint presentations to the Climate Reality Leadership Corps volunteers. The Presentations Associate is also the team lead on Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings acting as a liaison between the Science and Solutions team and other staff in relation to presentations. Additionally, this position will support the Science and Solutions team by assisting with research and content review and creation related to climate change science, energy technology, public policy, and other relevant disciplines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Reconstructing manually presentation slides from Keynote to PowerPoint. This includes manipulation of slide text, media, animations, and other attributes so that PowerPoint versions of presentations are identical to those created in Keynote.
- Managing the presentation review process to include organizing, vetting, and proofing all slides created by Climate Reality’s Chairman’s office.
- Researching, writing, vetting, and editing talking points for slides, as well as slide descriptions and any additional notes, including source citations.
- Coordinating with the legal team regarding slideshow attributions and content licensing.
- Attending Climate Reality Leadership Corps training events, recording the Chairman’s talking points, transcribing, and embedding the finalized talking points into the slideshow.
- Managing the science and solutions Question & Answer panel at Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings.
- Creating slideshows and serving as a slideshow resource for Climate Reality staff, which includes creating presentations for the CEO, and other teams as needed.
- Providing guidance and other support to international branch staff related to language translations of slides.
- Identifying Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion compliance issues with the slideshow, and providing solutions when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced experience with PowerPoint required; familiarity with Keynote software desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on climate science, environmental science, energy technology or a relevant field strongly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail a must and a passion for accuracy.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and manage work on multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Flexibility to accommodate irregular and sometimes long work hours.
Excellent benefits, including employer paid 100% employee medical, life, dental, vision. 401K, Paid Parental Leave and other fringe benefits such as wellness days, vacation and sick time are all included.
How to Apply
- HOW TO APPLY: Send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Climate Reality Project currently hires in these states: CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NV, NY, PA, TN, TX, VA, and the District of Columbia