Full-Time Planned Giving Officer (Remote)
Friends of the Earth is a hard-hitting, progressive, environmental organization that pulls no punches and speaks sometimes uncomfortable truth to power. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
To accomplish our mission, Friends of the Earth is working at the nexus of environmental protection, economic policy, and social justice to fundamentally transform the way our country and the world value people and the environment.
Friends of the Earth’s Membership and Development team works to fund our mission of fighting for a healthy and just world. We achieve success by helping supporters of all levels deepen their relationship with the mission and organization by soliciting and stewarding donors who have included Friends of the Earth in their legacies.
We are looking for a Planned Giving Officer to join a development team that works with more than 100,000 active donors, who is passionate about protecting the environment and social justice. The primary objective of the role is to continue building and developing the portfolio of planned gifts, by identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding planned giving donors from our current members, and generating new leads through a strategic marketing program. In this role, you will also have the opportunity to bring creativity and innovation to the program by experimenting with new strategies and tactics to generate planned gifts (or giving vs. gifts). The successful candidate will lead an established and growing planned giving program receiving an average of over $300,000 in planned gifts annually. This role is open to candidates based at our offices in Washington DC, Berkeley CA, or remote candidates across the continental United States.
- Craft donor cultivation and solicitation strategy for planned giving operation with strategic direction from the Senior Manager, Philanthropy.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit deferred and life income gifts through face-to-face visits, calls, mailings, emails, and other communications.
- Travel to meet face to face with planned giving prospects and committed donors.
- Execute a direct marketing plan to promote planned giving opportunities, including digital and print channels.
- Oversee, track and manage all bequests throughout their lifecycle, from gift expectancy through the estate settlement process in collaboration with planned giving consultant.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for estate attorneys, trust officers and other advisors during the gift cultivation phase and estate settlement / probate process.
- Stay abreast of current trends, laws, and regulations pertaining to planned giving to recommend new or amended policies, procedures, and processes and more effectively attract, solicit, and secure planned gifts.
- Maintain compliance with CGA registrations in states where Friends of the Earth offers Charitable Gift Annuities.
- 4+ years total nonprofit development experience, a minimum of 2 years of planned giving experience or equivalent Bachelor’s Degree and combined experience.
- Experience administering, managing, overseeing a portfolio of donor or sales relationships.
- Able to travel domestically up to 30% of work time.
- Have exceptional relationship-building skills with supporters and colleagues
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. FOE does not sponsor any employment related visas.
- Enthusiastic about working with and visiting with seniors age 70+
- Familiar with planned giving prospect research and qualification
- Knowledgeable about charitable estate management, charitable gift annuities, IRA gifts, and other forms of planned gifts
- Raisers Edge or different CRM systems experience
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff. Also, please note that references will be requested during the screening process and final candidates will undergo an exercise.
How to ApplyPlease apply using this link: https://foe.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=41
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405