Full-Time Planned Giving and Donor Services Associate
Friends of the Earth is a hard-hitting, progressive, environmental organization that pulls no punches and speaks sometimes uncomfortable truth to power. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
To accomplish our mission, Friends of the Earth is working at the nexus of environmental protection, economic policy and social justice to fundamentally transform the way our country and the world value people and the environment.
Friends of the Earth’s Membership and Development team works to fund our mission of fighting for a healthy and just world. We achieve success by helping supporters of all levels deepen their relationship with the mission and organization by providing a high-level of customer service and thoughtful communication.
Friends of the Earth is looking for a talented individual who is invested in donor satisfaction, focused on the details, an independent worker, and will contribute to the overall success of the Development & Membership team and Friends of the Earth.
This is a role that is split 50/50 between our Planned Giving and Donor Services work. The ideal candidate is someone who has a genius for customer service, familiarity with databases, Microsoft Office Suite experience, and who demonstrates stellar time management. If you are customer-service and action-oriented, possess extraordinary attention to detail, and are reliable and punctual, please read on.
Our Planned Giving and Donor Services Associate position is located at our Washington, DC Headquarters, but will start remote due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Planned Giving – In this part of the role, you will provide support to the Planned Giving Manager to help grow the planned giving function at Friends of the Earth. Planned Giving at FOE currently focuses on bequest and estate giving.
- Maintain paper and electronic files on Shared Earth Society Members including Raiser’s Edge data entry
- Draft template correspondence, including IRA acknowledgements, stewardship letters, and follow-up letters, as needed
- Prepare and send Shared Earth Society welcome packets
- Complete Market Smart survey entry throughout the year
- Track inventory of marketing and stewardship materials
Donor Services – In this role you will serve as the primary point of contact for mail, email, website and phone inquiries from members. You will also assist with entering member data into our Raiser’s Edge database.
- Answer donor phone calls and return voicemail requests
- Respond to donor requests submitted by email and via website contact us box
- Monitor website chatbot and respond where necessary
- Respond as necessary to mail correspondence from donors
- Maintain donor records in Raiser’s Edge
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-3 years’ experience in an office environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects and switch quickly between actions
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. FOE does not sponsor any employment related visas.
- Experience with databases, especially Raisers Edge or other CRM
- Interest in learning and understanding fundraising and planned giving concepts
- Commitment to a healthy and just planet
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.