Full-Time Philanthropy Director
POSITION: Philanthropy Director
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
SALARY: $90,000 annually
BENEFITS: Comprehensive benefits package and vacation/PTO based on policy
OFFICE LOCATION: Portland, OR
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Hybrid – remote and in-person work
About Green Empowerment
Green Empowerment is a Portland-based non-profit that works with partners in developing countries to provide access to renewable energy and clean water in rural and Indigenous communities. Green Empowerment supports integrated projects that improve human well-being, are sustainable over time, limit the impacts of climate change, and have the potential for broad impact beyond any one community. Founded in 1997, we work with a network of partners in Nicaragua, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, the Philippines, Malaysia (Borneo), Myanmar, Indonesia, and Uganda.
We employ a unique model of long-term engagement with local partners and the communities they serve to empower local leaders to design and implement integrated projects that address their communities’ health, economic, and environmental priorities. Social justice, sustainability and local leadership guide our work. We shift the power back to local leaders and build authentic partnerships to create lasting change. We believe that only through working with local leaders and changemakers can real lasting impact occur.
About the Position
The Philanthropy Director is a new position within our organization, providing an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to build off our rich history and recent successes to help the organization grow and expand our reach as we kick off our next 25 years. We have a strong base of long-time supporters in the greater Portland area who are committed to our mission and we are excited to have a team member in Oregon working to steward our existing community and attract new supporters.
Reporting to the Executive Director, leading the existing Engagement Team and working with the Board Fundraising and Marketing Committee, the Philanthropy Director will bring new strategies and expertise to our individual and planned giving efforts and provide leadership and support to our fundraising and communications team.
This position is an opportunity for a fundraising professional looking to expand and develop their career in a successful, professionally managed and values-driven non-profit organization making meaningful and sustained impact in rural communities across the globe.
Key Responsibilities and Functions
Specific responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop and successfully carry out the Fund Development Strategy, working closely with the staff and board members
- Expand the organization’s donor stewardship strategy and support meaningful engagement with existing donors
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors
- Secure commitments of donation and/or participation from individuals and corporate donors
- Oversee development of communications materials to aid in securing major gifts and support donor engagement
- Lead community events, meetings, and/or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships
- Supervise engagement team members, ensuring successful completion of fundraising and communications activities that support the Fund Development Strategy
- Build off the existing collaborative spirit of the engagement team and find opportunities to support staff in their immediate work plans and professional growth
- Support the development of an annual organizational budget and three-year Strategic Plan
- Support, encourage and cheerlead our organizational values within our philanthropic efforts
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising, particularly in the areas of major donors, planned giving, individual giving, strategy and fundraising program development
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related to communications, public relations, international studies, or public administration. Individuals with an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience are also strongly encouraged to apply
- Strong understanding and track record of success with donor stewardship and cultivation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and experienced manager with a strong work ethic
- Creative solution-focused thinking, resourceful and entrepreneurial
- Strong interest in Green Empowerment’s mission and community development approach
- Bilingual and bicultural applicants strongly encouraged to apply
- Experience working with a multicultural, geographically dispersed team, preferred
$90,000 annualized salary. The position is a 40hrs/week, full-time position. Full Benefits include employer-paid medical insurance, retirement plan, five weeks of paid time off, paid holidays including the week off between 12/24 – 1/1, and a professional development benefit. The position is designed for flexible remote and office hours at our headquarters in Portland, OR. Technology/equipment for home office provided.
GE provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without unlawful regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veterans status, marital status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, Oregon, or local law.
How to Apply
- Nonprofit Professionals Now is pleased to be working with Green Empowerment in the efforts to fill this key role. To review the full job description and apply, please click here.
- All applications must contain a resume and cover letter. All materials are reviewed and considered as part of the hiring process.
- Application Deadline: May 5, 2022
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405