Full-Time People Operations Specialist
Friends of the Earth is a hard-hitting, progressive, environmental organization that pulls no punches and speaks sometimes uncomfortable truth to power. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
To accomplish our mission, Friends of the Earth is working at the nexus of environmental protection, economic policy and social justice to fundamentally transform the way our country and the world value people and the environment.
Friends of the Earth is looking for an individual who will be responsible for executing people operations transactions and administration, supporting the HR team across all organizational service categories, including system maintenance, scorecards, reporting, and more. The role reports to the VP of Administration and Culture. The focus of this role is to provide a great employee experience from an operational perspective. As a People Operations Specialist, you will help champion new and evolved processes, partnering closely with the HR team to promote a smooth and positive employee experience, data integrity across systems, and a problem-solving mindset.
- Support organization systems by identifying process improvements, assisting with updates, and testing new features.
- Oversee facilities management for the Washington, DC and Berkley, CA offices, including building and tenant relations, maintaining office and offsite storage,
- Manage IT company and vendors supporting organization systems, technology, and resources to include supporting technical issues and access.
- Responsible for procuring equipment, setup, troubleshooting, and inventory for staff.
- Provide seamless and client-focused support to our employees, responding to questions and resolving issues timely throughout the employee lifecycle
- Participate, contribute, and lead the proactive review and implementation of process improvements
- Help drive a culture in line with the company’s mission, vision, and values
- Coordinate company-wide and team events, training and development opportunities, and establish feedback methods
- Help drive clear communication throughout the organization
- Assist the VP of Administration and Organizational Culture manage timelines and deliverables for the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice work internally.
- Partner closely with the HR to support people programs
- Cultivate expertise of HR practices, policies, processes, and HR systems
- Support the review of Employee Handbooks, suggesting how to make the document more effective and comprehensible
- Maintain employee data, including processing changes, auditing the data, and supporting future self-service initiatives
- Support HR systems by identifying process improvements, assisting with updates, and testing new features
- Two to four years of work experience in an office setting, operations or human resources functions and preferably non-profit environment
- One to two years’ experience managing project schedules or supporting project planning and coordination
- An commitment for process, and an eye for improving processes when necessary
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with a high attention to detail and ability to maintain complete confidentiality of information
- Ability to work as a team member and interact pleasantly and effectively with other staff and outside vendors
- A sense of urgency and a strong work ethic, and an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable intermediate-level proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. FOE does not sponsor any employment related visas.
- Experience using a human resources information system
- Advanced PowerPoint and excel skills
- Ability to critically evaluate circumstances, analyze, and problem-solve
- A balanced approach to people, process and systems.
- A desire to learn and to bring creativity and innovation to complex problems.
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.
How to ApplyApply online via this link
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405