Full-Time People Operations Associate
Friends of the Earth is a hard-hitting, progressive, environmental organization that pulls no punches and speaks sometimes uncomfortable truth to power. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
To accomplish our mission, Friends of the Earth is working at the nexus of environmental protection, economic policy and social justice to fundamentally transform the way our country and the world value people and the environment.
Friends of the Earth is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic People Operations Associate to handle a variety of personnel related administrative duties and organizational projects. We are looking for an enthusiastic and organized candidate who can engage not only with our internal team but also with external vendors. Our ideal candidate will support our daily People Operations activities and assist in coordinating policies, processes and relevant documents. The People Operations Associate will work closely with our Vice President of Administration and Organizational Culture.
- Support and coordinate office management needs; develop and implement office systems to maximize efficiencies.
- Assist the VP of Administration and Organizational Culture with facilities management for the Washington, DC and Berkley, CA offices, including building and tenant relations, maintaining office and offsite storage.
- Serve as primary liaison between building engineers, the property manager, and FOE regarding office quality and building issues, and coordinate service requests Manage IT company and vendors supporting organization systems, technology, and resources to include supporting technical issues and access.
- Responsible for procuring equipment, setup, troubleshooting, and inventory for staff.
- Support onboarding and off boarding process ensuring access to necessary resources, access and technology.
- Provide seamless and client-focused support to our staff, responding to questions and resolving issues timely throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Participate, contribute, and support the proactive review and implementation of process improvements.
- Help drive a culture in line with the organization’s mission, vision, and values
- Assist with organization-wide and team events
- Assist the HR team to support people programs
- Work with the People Operations team on internal office and HR projects
- One year of work experience in an office setting, supporting operations functions and preferably a non-profit environment or relevant post-secondary education coursework
- A commitment for process, and an eye for improving processes when necessary
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with a high attention to detail and ability to maintain complete confidentiality of information
- Ability to work as a team member and interact pleasantly and effectively with other staff and outside vendors
- A sense of urgency and a strong work ethic, and an ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable intermediate-level proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. FOE does not sponsor any employment related visas.
- Experience in an office setting, operations functions, and preferably non-profit environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and independently take initiative
- Experience setting up equipment and supporting technology needs.
- Advanced PowerPoint and excel skills
- Ability to critically evaluate circumstances, analyze, and problem-solve
- A balanced approach to people, process and systems.
- A desire to learn and to bring creativity and innovation to complex problems.
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.
How to ApplyApply online via this link: https://foe.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=37
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405