Full-Time People and Culture Generalist
Who We Are: Friends of the Earth (FOE) is a national not for profit environmental organization that strives for a healthier and more just world. We push for the reforms that are needed. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
What We Look For: Are you driven to promote a great employee experience? Are you passionate about helping ensure the organization runs smoothly? Can you support the HR team across all organizational service categories? Are you able to champion new and evolved processes, partnering closely with the HR team? Do you have a problem-solving mindset?
If so, this is the position for you. We want you to succeed and we want to pay you a competitive wage that is in line with your experience. The salary range for this full-time remote role is $59,000-$66,000. Offers are determined based on relevant skills and experience required for the position.
What the Role Needs:
Relationship Builder: Support people programs alongside the People and Culture Senior Manager. Provide a seamless and employee focused support, responding to questions and resolving issues throughout the employee lifecycle. Help drive clear communication throughout the organization.
Results Oriented: Expert in HR systems by identifying process improvements, assisting with updates, and testing new features. Responsible for successful oversight of the recruitment process, working in partnership with the hiring managers. Executes HR practices, policies, processes and HR systems. Help foster a culture in line with the company’s mission, vision and values.
Organized Contributor: Able to maintain employee data, including processing changes, auditing the data, and supporting future self-service initiatives. Participate and contribute to the proactive review and implementation of process improvements.
Social Justice and Racial Equity Lens: Builds authentic relationships across lines of difference, such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, gender identity, citizenship status, or other identities. Follows through on commitments.
- Three to five years of work experience in an office setting, and human resources functions including one to two years’ experience managing project schedules or supporting project planning and coordination.
- Experience managing HRIS system, employee personnel folders, and confidential data
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with a high attention to detail and ability to maintain complete confidentiality of information
- Ability to work as a team member and interact pleasantly and effectively with other staff and outside vendors
- A strong work ethic with the ability to balance multiple tasks and manage a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable intermediate-level proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. FOE does not sponsor any employment related visas.
- Experience using BambooHR
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
- Advanced PowerPoint and excel skills
- Ability to critically evaluate circumstances, analyze, and problem-solve
- A balanced approach to people, process and systems.
- A desire to learn and to bring creativity and innovation to complex problems.
Perks & Benefits:
We are a generous employer with benefits that will take care of you. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage (80% for eligible dependents)
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching effective Day 1 (3% match)
- Generous Leave (Vacation-minimum 2 weeks to start, 12 Holidays, Sick, Parental, Sabbatical and More)
- Education Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.
How to ApplyClick here to apply online.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405